Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimarron-who has one?

Re: Cimarron-who has one?

I've got the Cimarron and really like it. Floorless is great. I don't think it's worthwhile getting the mosquite nets on the doors. It is made in USA, so duty exempt, however be prepared to be hosed on US/CAD exchange and shipping costs. I had mine shipped to a relative living in the US at the time so didn't pay tax and very little shipping, and I still think it was around $900 for the tent, 1/2 nest, and carbon pole.

I bought the LiteOutdoors stove for it rather than the Seek Outside. I only use the nest liner in spring/summer before the bugs are gone. I'd imagine the trekking pole thing would work fine, but I want to have my poles available for hiking from the tent and opted for the carbon pole.

Finding a suitable spot is definitely a bit more challenging than something like a 2p pup tent, but having the extra room is awesome.

If I were in your position, I'd be buying the LiteOutdoors Isola 4 tent. You can get the tent, nest liner, AND 18" titanium stove for under $900, with free shipping from Alberta. Wish it was available when I bought my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    I've got the Cimarron and really like it. Floorless is great. I don't think it's worthwhile getting the mosquite nets on the doors. It is made in USA, so duty exempt, however be prepared to be hosed on US/CAD exchange and shipping costs. I had mine shipped to a relative living in the US at the time so didn't pay tax and very little shipping, and I still think it was around $900 for the tent, 1/2 nest, and carbon pole.

I bought the LiteOutdoors stove for it rather than the Seek Outside. I only use the nest liner in spring/summer before the bugs are gone. I'd imagine the trekking pole thing would work fine, but I want to have my poles available for hiking from the tent and opted for the carbon pole.

Finding a suitable spot is definitely a bit more challenging than something like a 2p pup tent, but having the extra room is awesome.

If I were in your position, I'd be buying the LiteOutdoors Isola 4 tent. You can get the tent, nest liner, AND 18" titanium stove for under $900, with free shipping from Alberta. Wish it was available when I bought my setup.
    I was looking at these a year or two ago. When I started looking a couple weeks ago I couldn’t find them on a google search. I couldn’t remember their name, but I thought they were in loydminister. Maybe I looked on their site and kept scrolling because of the giant American flag at the top of their page.

Id like to buy the whole setup from them if it works out. I’d much rather buy canadian
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Now the question is... isola 4 or plateau 5?
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Buster, not sure if you've seen this but here is a link to a review a member did on the Plateau 5 - see page 3. There are also a few decent reviews on Rokslide.

LiteOutdoors Plateau 5 Man (huntingbc.ca)

I just purchased the isola 4, carbon pole and the 18" stove. Set it up in the living room because its still winter up here. I tied the tent to the furniture so couldn't get it tight but I was impressed with the room that it has. Cant wait to set it up in the yard. Great quality tent from what I could see. I also set up the stove in the driveway and had a fire in it and worked as it should have. I researched this set up to death and liteoutdoors gear is the way to go for Price, quality, usability, and weight. All the things I was looking for in a teepee tent and it was sold to me by a good Canadian guy from Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail 270 View Post
    I just purchased the isola 4, carbon pole and the 18" stove. Set it up in the living room because its still winter up here. I tied the tent to the furniture so couldn't get it tight but I was impressed with the room that it has. Cant wait to set it up in the yard. Great quality tent from what I could see. I also set up the stove in the driveway and had a fire in it and worked as it should have. I researched this set up to death and liteoutdoors gear is the way to go for Price, quality, usability, and weight. All the things I was looking for in a teepee tent and it was sold to me by a good Canadian guy from Alberta.
    Do you think you’d fit 3 adults and gear in there? 2 guys gear and stove? This will be for primarily for backpacking

Following this one. I think I've decided on the Cimarron and a half nest for when the bugs are out (or my wife joins me). I'm in the middle of building a titanium stove for it. The Lite Outdoors option looks good too but a bit heavier. Anyone know if the Lite Outdoors tents are made in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Following this one. I think I've decided on the Cimarron and a half nest for when the bugs are out (or my wife joins me). I'm in the middle of building a titanium stove for it. The Lite Outdoors option looks good too but a bit heavier. Anyone know if the Lite Outdoors tents are made in Canada?
    I sent him an email last night, when he replies I’ll ask. I’m betting the stoves are made in Canada and I’m thinking 50/50 if the tents are.

Yeah, you could fit three guys in there and no gear. Really, the layout because of the pole is two, gear, and stove. My main use for it will be hiking in and hunting from it for solo or two guys. I'm replacing my backpacking tent with it so I will have more space and the ability to dry gear. The tents are not made here and there is a write-up on their website about it.

I have a cimmaron and a lite-outdoors stove.

I feel the tent is great in some situations, others I still prefer a conventional free-standing tent. Seam sealing is easy, doing it yourself will save some money, I recommend using Windshield Silicone from CT. It flows better. Carbon Pole is worth it too. I don't think the bug screens are worth the weight, keep it simple. Depending on how tall you are, a liner may be beneficial. This comes into play when laying in your sleeping bag. You don't want to your head or toes contacting the tent walls.

I am located in Williams Lake. Happy to show you the setup if in the area. Cheers