Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimarron-who has one?

Re: Cimarron-who has one?

I forgot to mention condensation for the Cimarron. Yes the walls do get wet overnight. I try to keep from touching them but it happens and things can get a little wet.
    I have a regular down bag and have never felt anything from inside my bag even though the outside can get wet.
    But once the stove gets hot everything dries out quickly so for me liners are redundant when using a stove.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    I forgot to mention condensation for the Cimarron. Yes the walls do get wet overnight. I try to keep from touching them but it happens and things can get a little wet.
    I have a regular down bag and have never felt anything from inside my bag even though the outside can get wet.
    But once the stove gets hot everything dries out quickly so for me liners are redundant when using a stove.
    I watched the comparison video on the so website and it looked like the cimarron light model was slightly different where you could lift up the edges to get some draft. I was thinking a guy could probably jam a log or rock under the skirt to get some draft if he wanted to help with condensation while not using the stove.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

If you make some tie outs from the bottom Tie Out Loops you can raise the Cimmaron off the Ground

I ordered a cimarron light with the carbon pole today. Cant wait to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I ordered a cimarron light with the carbon pole today. Cant wait to try it out
    Did you get in on the scratch and dent sale?

I ordered one with a half nest last week. They called and let me know it’ll ship in two weeks after the nest is complete.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I got it from the sale. It shipped already

I have a Cimarron Light with Large U-turn stove. Ran me $1100 CDN all-in with duties. Seekoutside orders are not exempt from duties. I haven't had any trouble finding large enough spaces to pitch it. I guess that would just depend on where you're setting up camp. The whole kit and kaboodle weighs in less than my 3 man MSR tent and is definitely light enough to use for spike camps.

You can use the carbon pole or trekking poles, but I'd recommend the carbon pole. You're going to want your trekking poles handy when you fill your tag.

I didn't opt for the bug screen as I generally wont be using it during bug season and there are other ways to manage bugs that don't require extra weight.

They should not have duty just the tax

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    They should not have duty just the tax
    Can confirm, they are not duty exempt, I got hit with an extra $180 or so when my Cimarron and stove arrived a couple weeks ago.

Yes if you bought something that was made by seek outside there is only taxes to
    be paid at border. I got my shelter and I had to pay tax that’s it