Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weapon of choice?

Re: Weapon of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Also, I'm fine with firearms being referred to as weapons. I have no problem with citizens owning weapons. Canada defines all firearms as "weapons" The BC hunting synopsis has a list of "weapons" allowed including rimfire, bow, shotgun etc.

For some reason Canadians have a big thing this. I refer to firearms as a firearm as it's more precise terminology than weapon, but weapon isn't ​wrong.
    Thanks for the back-up Clark. I use the phrase “weapon of choice” when picking my fly rod for a days fishing too. And when picking which MTB to ride. It’s just a word. If we are worried about what the antis think, we should stop talking about hunting completely. But then THEY WIN.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    I've owned that 410 wing master many years. Bought a matching pair from Reliable Gun and Tackle many years ago. (12ga and 410cal) Both of them are still in beautiful shape. And I'm killing birds at the same distance that my buddies are with their 20ga's, but it might be the guy behind the trigger to lol.
    I went out pheasant hunting with one of my waterfowl mentors this past season. I had my 12 gauge Winchester 101, and he had the same 870 in .410 that you have (his grandpa left him the complete matching 870 family 12, 20, 28, .410) and he made shots that blew my mind. One in particular where he dropped a rooster that broke cover way in front and flew directly away from him. He dropped it at about 35 yards and it hit the ground dead. There was not a single pellet in the legs or breasts. Lucky, or good, I’m not sure, but it gave me another reason to want to practice a lot!

So I have a new “tool” of choice. Picked up a sweet deal on a new 20 gauge Franchi O/U. It’s a beautiful gun and about a pound lighter than the 101, and the fit is amazing for me. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy carrying it this fall, and along with the new Orvis Pro LT upland vest the wife got me for Christmas, I should be far more comfortable on those all day hikes. I’ve been building up a stock of 20 gauge shot lately. It’s getting harder to find. With the wife shooting 20 as well, I’ll need a bit more than my usual stock level.

I am usually using the 22 for grouse. Sometimes the 16ga sxs.
    can you skin gizz ?

My sweet 16 gauge model 12 still a fine piece

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    My sweet 16 gauge model 12 still a fine piece
    That's a sweet looking old shotgun!

I found a bunch of paper hull 16 gauge ammo when I was digging around my gun room the other day. I haven't had a 16 ga in many years though.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

gave up shooting birds many years ago without really intending to but I do tend to focusing all my effort on big game...3 years ago I decided to start carrying a slingshot in my pack and I have gotten 3 so far with the ole wrist rocket..I have a small bag of ammo with about 10 nice pebbles 10 marbles and a couple of steel ball bearings...if I had more time to hunt I would pick up birds and waterfowl again but such is life sometimes..

Wrist Rocket. Love it man !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    gave up shooting birds many years ago without really intending to but I do tend to focusing all my effort on big game...3 years ago I decided to start carrying a slingshot in my pack and I have gotten 3 so far with the ole wrist rocket..I have a small bag of ammo with about 10 nice pebbles 10 marbles and a couple of steel ball bearings...if I had more time to hunt I would pick up birds and waterfowl again but such is life sometimes..
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

single shot bolt action with a beat up barrel...I have one of those...it has a fancy trigger guard that likes to pinch your finger too..I was looking at it yesterday trying to figure out the maker...it is part of an old collection of obsolete guns I got handed down to me recently...

I have all kinds of weapons. Firearms, golf clubs, baseball bat, axe, axe handle, vehicles and so on. Shit , when I was a kid a wooden spoon was a weapon.
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.