Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon of choice?

Re: Weapon of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    How can you beat a benelli m4 for upland, utmost reliability for when the seconds count and your life is on the line ! Adrenaline pumping as that big grouse flushes right towards you.
    I had to defend myself this year when a wigeon turned on me! It was coming straight for my face!

Do you hunt up in the grasslands above broccolihurst? I looked at a place up towards Red Lake this winter, and it looked like some very birdy country.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Sorry, but I don't think we should be referring to our firearms as weapons.

"Weapons" send out a negative image and that's what the bad guys use. We don't use weapons.

Unless of course, a Wigeon turns on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think we should be referring to our firearms as weapons.

"Weapons" send out a negative image and that's what the bad guys use. We don't use weapons.

Unless of course, a Wigeon turns on you.

Times 2 Rieber, can't believe it didnt come up sooner.

Remington 870 wing master pump 410 cal.

My weapon of choice for grouse for the last couple of years is a Ricoil 20 ga over under with 16" barrels. (Pic below is a 12g 14" barrel I stole from internet but close enough)

)
    Most of my grouse hunting is done on the road these days although I have done some wing shooting with this gun.

Also, I'm fine with firearms being referred to as weapons. I have no problem with citizens owning weapons. Canada defines all firearms as "weapons" The BC hunting synopsis has a list of "weapons" allowed including rimfire, bow, shotgun etc.

For some reason Canadians have a big thing this. I refer to firearms as a firearm as it's more precise terminology than weapon, but weapon isn't ​wrong.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    My weapon of choice for grouse for the last couple of years is a Ricoil 20 ga over under with 16" barrels. (Pic below is a 12g 14" barrel I stole from internet but close enough)

)
    Most of my grouse hunting is done on the road these days although I have done some wing shooting with this gun.

Also, I'm fine with firearms being referred to as weapons. I have no problem with citizens owning weapons. Canada defines all firearms as "weapons" The BC hunting synopsis has a list of "weapons" allowed including rimfire, bow, shotgun etc.

For some reason Canadians have a big thing this. I refer to firearms as a firearm as it's more precise terminology than weapon, but weapon isn't ​wrong.
    Cool shotgun, but your ears must ring pretty good after every grouse with those short barrels
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    Remington 870 wing master pump 410 cal.
    I like your choice!! Great little grouse gun......

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    Cool shotgun, but your ears must ring pretty good after every grouse with those short barrels
    Guns are loud. All of them
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    I like your choice!! Great little grouse gun......
    I've owned that 410 wing master many years. Bought a matching pair from Reliable Gun and Tackle many years ago. (12ga and 410cal) Both of them are still in beautiful shape. And I'm killing birds at the same distance that my buddies are with their 20ga's, but it might be the guy behind the trigger to lol.

Model 12 Trap with custom shop Polly Choke., 20 ga Fox double for quail.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.