Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New BC law

Re: New BC law

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    I need to find out about this !
    Arctic Lake
    Yes, hunting from a canoe should be a Canadian right.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    https://www.leg.bc.ca/parliamentary-...eading/gov04-1 better look into this guys Quote;A person must not discharge a firearm in, on or from a vehicle or boat. boat" means a vessel or other craft in, on or by which a person or thing may be transported or drawn on water; GUESS THAT MAKES PUNT HUNTING EXTINCT ..
    O Boy, do the really have nothing better to do.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Noticed below in the paper this morning:

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/col...-firearms-bill

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Because this is early in the bill, NOW is your opportunity to reach out to your MLA and tell them the proposed law is full of holes and impinges on your legal traditions.

The not being able to shoot from a boat is one thing.

Also the section on Shooting Ranges has severe implications for rural ranges where they do NOT have the resources to restrict access and check everyone's ID before use. Many of them are basically open, have drop boxes for fees and it is based on the honor system. This bill is aimed at urban ranges where we do control access ALREADY, underlining things we already do under the Federal range regulations and also in practice. But rural ranges have little option and one would question whether they are at risk at all from gang activity.

EDIT: removed the bit about body armor. Evidently PAL holders still are exempt
    I have emailed Mike Farnworth and cc'd my local (NDP) MLA as well as contacted the BCWF separately for their thoughts.

Minister Farnworth's email is PSSG.Minister@gov.bc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    https://www.leg.bc.ca/parliamentary-...eading/gov04-1 better look into this guys Quote;A person must not discharge a firearm in, on or from a vehicle or boat. boat" means a vessel or other craft in, on or by which a person or thing may be transported or drawn on water; GUESS THAT MAKES PUNT HUNTING EXTINCT ..
    WRONG.
    You might want to read Bill 4-2021 paragraph 101 as well as the BC Wildlife Act paragraph 108(3) to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Noticed below in the paper this morning:

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/col...-firearms-bill
    That just means it'll be adjusted to suit the natives,like how they can own an AR and I can't

Russ has anyone challenged this ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    That just means it'll be adjusted to suit the natives,like how they can own an AR and I can't
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I was looking to buy a punt from a guy to hunt ducks & geese from....guess I'll be waiting on making that purchase

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    WRONG.
    You might want to read Bill 4-2021 paragraph 101 as well as the BC Wildlife Act paragraph 108(3) to put it in context.
    That is a good spot. I think there is some comfort to be taken from that amendment and the language suggests to me that they have considered the potential that one may shoot out a boat as a legitimate hunting method.

If I hear back from the minister clarifying this I will share the response.

I would prefer it be outlined specifically to call out hunting as an exception rather than have the public and possibly law enforcement have to parse the exception the way it is written.