Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bear Hunt Revelstoke

2021 Bear Hunt Revelstoke

Hello All

I am going to meet up with a buddy of mine in late April in Revelstoke. I have never hunted that region and am wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction. Was thinking maybe north on the big bend hwy 23. Any good hunting areas and tips would be much appreciated. I havnt been able to get a bear since I moved out here and am hoping this will be the year. Thanks for all of your help and pointers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2021 Bear Hunt Revelstoke

Sorry I can give you directions, but you may find then a little early, wait for mid to late May for more opportunities.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    Sorry I can give you directions, but you may find then a little early, wait for mid to late May for more opportunities.
    I would agree...heard theres alot of bears there should be pretty good hunting..earlyiest i have shot them in kamloops is around may 10th
    Vs april 1 on the coast.. so revelstoke 3rd week of may is probably perfect...that said i have green grass at 4000 feet in kamloops area this year.

I was always told bear hunting starts after mother’s day

Big mountains all around Revy be prepared to climb. Climate in the valley near the City can be quite mild due to the effects of the reservoir. Everywhere either side of the highway rises up steeply. No personal experience bear hunting so can't really advise as to when they start coming out in the spring in that area. There's a whole lot of nothing between Revelstoke & anywhere else, so the bear population is no doubt abundant.

I hunt 2-3 hours south of you depending on where you’re going to be exactly and the earliest I’ve harvested a bear was may 4th and my group fills a lot of bear tags each year.

any time is a good time to hunt but being way up high there I wouldn’t be upset if you didn’t come across any bears that early.

Just drive + hunt off of Highway 23 north to the Mica Dam site . If there's any black bears out that early they will be down low off the highway . Just double check the regulations . Good luck trying to into the back country unless you can find were they were winter logging .
    Last edited by 358mag; 03-08-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Haha when i did a job out there a bear came in the hotel and left a dump in the lobby up at the ski hill.

Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it. Ill be up there from the 22-26 of April. Its a short window I know but im gonna put in my best effort. Fingers crossed I come home with a bear.

Hmmm think it's a bit early imo..best days for me have been mothers day end of that first week in May...last year still too much snow backed it off by 9 days..got 3 bears..
    However go when you can..beats not going every time..
    Steep mountains there..snow melt can be slow in the shadows..
    Good luck shoot true..and SMILE ..it's supposed to be fun.
    Once out bears eat like their lives depend on it..it does..
    In well over 40 years..first thing in am for grizzlies last hour of daylight for black bears..last 15 minutes is even better for big bears..but use up all of your day..get up high spot and stalk..water and grass..skunk cabbage..fiddleheads..
    Good luck
    Cheers
    Srupp