Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Lake access

Re: Lake access

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    No, we wouldn't be fishing them. We would be duck hunting them from a punt in the fall as that is a major flyway in BC And from what I was lead to believe,
    Joe is not one to quote. Apparently, some of his testimony was a bit dubious. Instigated the first judge's field trip to the area.

And a far as a decision from three judges. Not so fast, it was Willcock and as I read it, (his decision) he wrote it and the other two rubber stamped it. Do you know how many pages long it is? Nothing more than a hodge podge. Makes me wonder if he is a DLCC client with preferential treatment?

And what about your ag leases? You are given the authority to deny people access which is keeping people from accessing crown land, not your land, crown land. I think it's time for the rest of us to follow up on Andrew Weaver's initiative to enact legislation under the Right to Roam.

Cattleman's Association members are just getting way too much for the amount of dollars they put into the system and no, what you folks lay down for lease fees is a piss in the bucket considering what you should be paying.

And let's not overlook the flagrant illegal gating on roads throughout the province. You can be assured that a vast majority of the gating is done by guides and ranchers (or a combination of both) and not bike riders, hikers and hunters.

And don't bother phoning me Mike. I'm not up to any bullshit. And I'm not referring to gcreek!
    So if you lease a condo, apartment or any other such abode, anyone should be able to wander in and out at any time then?

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    So if you lease a condo, apartment or any other such abode, anyone should be able to wander in and out at any time then?
    Is that the best you can do? That argument is so benign, totally lacking substance . Absolutely no comparison. You should be ashamed to present that argument.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I've been following this thread and am confused, maybe I missed something. I own a very small piece of urban acreage. It is mine bought and paid for. I have no trespass signs posted and have given up trying to keep people from taking short cuts through it. I could fence it but it would cost a small fortune and be only a matter of time until wire cutters were used. The garbage is something else, people are pigs. It is private property, I have the deed same as DLCC. Stay the Faack off. Don't like it, to bad buy your own. There have been and are all kinds of private property been bought and sold in B.C. that are advertised with their own lake. How would you guys feel about it if you lived on a cul de sac in the Valley that abutted crown land with a creek running behind your property and joe public thinks it's ok to trespass through your lot to go fishing. I'm a firm believer in private property rights no matter who owns it. Some here seem to willing to give up those rights. Careful what you wish for.

Condos and apartments comprise of "some areas being private property, limited common property and common property, fyi.

Lol, pretty lame argument in my opinion. It seems hardly comparable to the situation being discussed. Also, hallways and the lobby would be accessible by non-owners who have a reason to be there
    When in doubt, just pin it.

gcreek
    I am willing to bet you haven't left your ranch in decades.
    I recommend a little international travel when the covid ends, it would do you some good.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Stay off my land! And my neighbour’s land.

I won’t be bothering any of you. How easy is that?