Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake access

Re: Lake access

What? Those who have bought a freshwater fishing license the past few years have contributed to stalking those lakes. And believe me if Brian Chan is fishing there then they are or have been stocked and paid for by our freshwater license dollars. It is like fighting with BC Hydro and their promise to maintain a healthy fishery but they do as they please because environment or fish populations is not at all on their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    And I doubt it is/was legal to flood that crown land.pull your heads outta your asses , no money no play is where it’s heading quickly
    You need to pull your head out! THE ONLY PUBLIC LAND, WAS THE LAKE. Any flooded land was their own private land.

Adiraticum summed it up well in post #48. If DLCC would allow an easement to the lakes, it would be an easy solution, but that it has being American owners, that’s not going to happen without a high court decision.

I’ve witnessed the same thing on a small scale in Whistler. There were mistakes made in the survey done originally, and an entire side of a street was laid out with property lines off by about 20’. Nobody made a fuss, and everyone just dealt with it until two lawyersfrom California bought a place there. My friend drove home from work to find survey ribbons in the middle of his driveway. A week later, after a couple of short and curt phone conversations, the American couple hired an excavation company to build a rock wall right down the middle of my friend’s driveway. He now has a one car driveway, and no access to his backyard with a vehicle. His property is steep and rocky, so to make any improvements would mean drilling and blasting within 10’ of his house. It sucks, but legally he can’t do anything.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    You do realize that both lakes are part of DLR’s water rights and they can release the water at any time? There wouldn’t be many of those trophy fish that the ranch has been putting in at their own cost for thirty years left would there?
    I don't see why doing that would be in the DLR's interest. Why would Kroenke go all gangsta ("Nice lake you have there, wouldn't want anything to happen to it, would we?") and alienate the province? He needs to work with authorities on other issues so going nuclear on this one would just be stupid. Lake access does not have to mean that everyone with an RV rolls up and throws a line out. There are lots of ways to limit use without completely excluding public access. You could, for example, manage the lake as a trophy lake and require a special permit to fish it. I am sure that would offend purists on both sides of the debate but looking for a middle ground makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Fair point. I didn't word that as well as I should have. I'm not characterizing private landowners in general as dicks simply because they enjoy the benefits of private property (I have a bit of it myself and I understand and appreciate what it takes to get that). I am saying that Kroenke's being a dick, and he's doing so needlessly. There is s simple solution that he is not required to assent to, but if he fails? He may find that he gets forced to, and that will compromise the current private property rights of other people who aren't being dicks.
    Understood.

The Club owes their lawyer about $200,000 . It is a non profit group so the directorship is not responsible. You think the lawyer is going to keep working for nothing?
    This is VERY Interesting - and it does take lot's of MONEY to go to Court - I'm Sure the DLCR is in a far better financial position then the Club ! RJ

Club owes money to a anti hunting environment law firm. Serves them right stupid battle a waste of resources. Pick your battles.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Gcreek wrote: "Let’s pray that never happens for any land owner in this country."

Ummm...hate to break it to you, but that ship has sailed, repeatedly, many times in the past, and will continue to do so.

Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Thumbs down Re: Lake access

The public does not pay to stock those lakes. I got that tonight from a very nice phone visit and some candid questions to Joe Gardner.
    You and your "familiarity" with the situation tend to put quite the spin on things at times. Always nice to drop a name or two in support of such spins, but in actuality, that doesn't pass the smell test.

FYI: The DLR hasn’t stocked the lakes since 2018. You can find the reports here:

https://www.gofishbc.com/Stocked-Fis...6&end=3/7/2021

The provincial government is doing a much better and more scientific approach than the ranch. Prior to the total kill on Minnie, that lake had been so rampantly overstocked (20,000+ per year according to the ranch) that the fish were stunted, yellow-hued, lesion covered slinks.

Also, the natives have never been stopped from fishing there but the rule is catch and release only on both lakes so very few bother.
    Another deflection?
    Might want to check into just what FN rights are even with those angling restrictions in place.

And btw, draining the lakes is one of the stupidest comments you have ever made.
    Fastest way to get the ranch charged, and that would happen.
    Period.

Try to get it straight next time...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    You and your "familiarity" with the situation tend to put quite the spin on things at times. Always nice to drop a name or two in support of such spins, but in actuality, that doesn't pass the smell test.

FYI: The DLR hasn’t stocked the lakes since 2018. You can find the reports here:

https://www.gofishbc.com/Stocked-Fis...6&end=3/7/2021

The provincial government is doing a much better and more scientific approach than the ranch. Prior to the total kill on Minnie, that lake had been so rampantly overstocked (20,000+ per year according to the ranch) that the fish were stunted, yellow-hued, lesion covered slinks.

Another deflection?
    Might want to check into just what FN rights are even with those angling restrictions in place.

And btw, draining the lakes is one of the stupidest comments you have ever made.
    Fastest way to get the ranch charged, and that would happen.
    Period.

Try to get it straight next time...

Nog
    You make me laugh, Joe Gardner and I have been friends for 35 years, he has never and has not any reason to tell me anything but the truth. Your biased hate of successful people really shows Sir.

We did talk about the person who is responsible for managing the provinces fishery and did ask DLR how they were managing their trophy lakes as well as they were. The result of that meeting was shutting down ice fishing and having catch and release rules put in place on several lakes in the province.

Considering they have the water rights in that area they can drain and fill the lakes as they choose to. Looks like you are running out of intelligence when the insults come out Matt.
    Last edited by gcreek; 03-07-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Lake access

You make me laugh, Joe Gardner and I have been friends for 35 years, he has never and has not not any reason to tell me anything but the truth. Your biased hate of successful people really shows Sir.

Typical. Caught in an obvious lie, you then deflect by attempting to smear the messenger.
    You certainly do view the world through strange eyeglasses Dave.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me