wild guess. Your a condo owner?

Re: Lake access

Quote Originally Posted by Asp View Post
    wild guess. Your a condo owner?
    well chosen moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Why?
    Does it matter if someone saves and buys more land than the next guy?
    Private is private....you earn that right when your names on the check making the land purchase.
    What your saying is no different than stating the guy with a big house should let a freeloader camp in the basement.
    He doesn't seem to own the lake. Wouldn't an easement have been a good option?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easement
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    He doesn't seem to own the lake. Wouldn't an easement have been a good option?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easement
    They own much of the land under the lakes as they have irrigation dams on them. Joe Gardner showed me photos of both areas from years back. They were a fraction the size they are today.

The private property issue is simple, private is private. Regardless whether it is an apartment or 200,000 acres. I will guarantee you would be quite upset if I was to walk into your home without warning or knocking. Who owns this private property is also a moot point, there are hundreds of thousands of properties and homes in Canada owned by non residents and immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    They own much of the land under the lakes as they have irrigation dams on them. Joe Gardner showed me photos of both areas from years back. They were a fraction the size they are today.

The private property issue is simple, private is private. Regardless whether it is an apartment or 200,000 acres. I will guarantee you would be quite upset if I was to walk into your home without warning or knocking. Who owns this private property is also a moot point, there are hundreds of thousands of properties and homes in Canada owned by non residents and immigrants.
    Does this mean that a fraction of the lakes are indeed still publicly owned?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    To tell you the honest truth, I’d rather DLCC had remained under Canadian ownership like it was in the Chunky Woodward days.
    Chunky was hands on, on the ranch.
    DLCC seems to have drawn a lot of attention due to these 2 lakes and rightfully so.
    I have bigger issues with Canadian ranch ownership ....it’s burnt me for years that the Gang Ranch is under Saudi ownership.....but who are we to say who buys what.
    At least the Gangs got an excellent manager in place.
    This entire DLCC case is not about who owns it....it’s about legalities.
    If the access was indeed public I’d be as bent over the decision as you.
    If the road is not an access that puts the public to the lake without crossing private dirt I would side with the owner of said property.
    I do not believe in freedom to roam someone else’s private land.
    I’m old school and firmly believe if someone wants to access private property it’s a simple as knocking on a door or picking up the phone.
    You might get a yes, you might get a no.
    At least you would be being respectful.
    On that I’m done with this cry baby thread.
    To bad the money pissed away on this lawsuit hadn’t been put to a useful fish or wildlife project.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post

^^^^^^^^ Good posts. Until you actually own property, you won’t fully understand what private ownership means. We had people trying to cross our farmland without permission, I’ve had people walk onto my personal property without permission; most times these conversations end up heated because people feel entitled.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

can always suck the water out. or helo in and fish, just don't touch dirt...

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    your a frickin idiot
    dude, if you want to hurl insults facebook might be your thing. we here are almost all over 16
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Arrow Re: Lake access

The lawyer for the club is quite confident that they will win a appeal in the Canadian court of appeal.
    The process of filing said appeal is already in motion.
    This saga is far from over...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I read somewhere the the lawyer for the Cattleman's Association was commenting about how a common law right of access might be the solution....as in, if you want private property don't be a dick about it. Kroenke isn't the only one happy about this. Andrew Weaver is also happy, 'cause Kroenke just re-fuelled the Right to Roam issue. I think the Catlleman's Assoc lawyer saw that coming a long way off.

I'm siding with IronNoggin - this saga is far from over.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey