Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using pigeons

Re: Using pigeons

Hey guys so I got some info from the CO. I can use pigeons on crown land, but if the dog has any contact physically with the bird the bird has to be dead.

I can plant the bird alive so work points, but the dog can’t have any contact with it.

I believe I can work a live bird in my back yard, but the CO cautioned against that in case someone took a video of a live bird in my dogs mouth and send it to the SPCA they would have to investigate.

There are no pigeons here so I would have to get some from my Navhda chapter in Alberta, which needs a permit. Which is a whole new pain in the ass.

Where are you in BC that doesn't have pigeons around? They can be also be bought at hobby farm events, markets, kijiji, etc. Although the public events have been cut back due to covid.
    I thought you just wanted kill birds originally.
    I raise homers for personal use and use them in remote release traps for steadiness training quite often. Occasionally shoot them when finishing steady to wing, shot and fall...

Fernie area. Honestly. No wild pigeons around here. I’m going to put some feelers out to see if some farmers have some at their place, but not holding my breath. Even the CO mentioned us having not pigeons around

Quote Originally Posted by HMR View Post
    Fernie area. Honestly. No wild pigeons around here. I’m going to put some feelers out to see if some farmers have some at their place, but not holding my breath. Even the CO mentioned us having not pigeons around
    Tell you what,,,,,I'll trade our lower mainland pigeons for your westslope and bull trout. Throw in a shot at a 6 point elk and I'll drive those flying city rats right to your door!

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Quote Originally Posted by HMR View Post
    Try calling a local pest controller as well. They will be able to tell you if any are about and may even help you find some dead / live ones.