Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Re: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Who else loves turkey calls?
    Twist and pull.

What gun is that? Nice grip shape for sitting position?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    What gun is that? Nice grip shape for sitting position?
    It’s a Mossberg 510 mini 20 gauge, undertaker choke with a Bushnell reflex red dot. Unlike other “junior” guns built on full size actions with a shorter stock - it’s actually built from the ground up. The forend is closer to the receiver, the length of pull is shorter, and the synthetic stock comes with spacers to add as young shooters grow. It can kill turkeys out to 35 or 40 yards with 3” shells. I imagine with TSS you could stretch that to 50.
    Light, small, maneuverable. Awesome shotgun for kids. I love shooting it too, when he lets me! Much nicer than my ignorant 535 with 3.5” and xxfull choke.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    It’s a Mossberg 510 mini 20 gauge, undertaker choke with a Bushnell reflex red dot. Unlike other “junior” guns built on full size actions with a shorter stock - it’s actually built from the ground up. The forend is closer to the receiver, the length of pull is shorter, and the synthetic stock comes with spacers to add as young shooters grow. It can kill turkeys out to 35 or 40 yards with 3” shells. I imagine with TSS you could stretch that to 50.
    Light, small, maneuverable. Awesome shotgun for kids. I love shooting it too, when he lets me! Much nicer than my ignorant 535 with 3.5” and xxfull choke.
    I've been looking for a shotgun for my kids as well and I was interested in that same model but I saw some reviews with one not cycling properly. Have you encountered any issues with it jamming?

Quote Originally Posted by walker1985 View Post
    I've been looking for a shotgun for my kids as well and I was interested in that same model but I saw some reviews with one not cycling properly. Have you encountered any issues with it jamming?
    Negative. My friend’s son grew up shooting one also (he got his first) and no issues.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    6 big toms marching into our opening day setup...before they promptly walked out of our lives at 60 metres without a shot opportunity lol.
    If we go out more than one person at a time, there is usually a scoped rimfire along (where/when legal). It helps not going home empty handed.

Last edited by Redthies; 03-06-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

[/

is your dog worried about being recognized on the internet by his non hunting friends? And are you worried someone might recognize the gobbler?

Haha WTF.
    Twist and pull.

Thanks to those who have shared! Just over a month away now. I'll have some clips to share from scouting and trail cams over the next few weeks. This warm weather is sure going to help with the melt and green up.

Here's a couple couple screenshots from last years video clips.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Here’s one that got away a few years ago.
    Twist and pull.