Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Re: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    My advice is drive a bit more and you'll get into much better turkey hunting.
    Yeah, I'll be down around Edwards Lakes and Grassmere. When I was in Montana last year they were everywhere, so I plan to head kinda as far south as I can.

Heading out the door right now. Good luck to everyone on the eve of the opener. Should have some great clips to share later this evening.

Stoked!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Truck and trailer are packed and ready to go. Headed east tomorrow morning and have until the 19th to drop a Tom!! Good luck to all and look forward to the photos

Put some birds to bed tonight and acquired a few targets. Can't wait for the morning!

Last edited by HighCountryBC; 04-18-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Looks like a good set of spurs on that longbeard HighcountryBC!

You guys are killing me. First opener I’ve missed in years...

Good luck in the morning!
    Twist and pull.

Looks EXACTLY like the bird I saw today.
    BUT I could not see a beard. Angle was bad and brush was in the way. Bright red head.
    It was VERY warm today.
    A buddy and his friend connected on 2 toms.
    Don't ask where he told me not to say.
    I also saw 11 cow/calf elk...3 WT...a grouse...2 squirrels...and a chipmunk !!! Supper opening day. Oh 4 turkeys.
    Watch out for TICKS...I had 4 on me !!! Yuck
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Heck of a day. Couple great strutters/scrappers down. Missed hitting record on the camera on the first bird which was a bummer!

First Tom was 9 1/2” beard and 1” spurs.
    Second was 9” beard and 3/4” spurs rubbed down hard.

Saving the big one for a very special hunter.

Looks like the same view from your trail cam - those are a couple great longbeards, congrats! I can’t wait to get out there!
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    Looks like the same view from your trail cam - those are a couple great longbeards, congrats! I can’t wait to get out there!
    Yes, same view as the camera. Both birds were shot a fair distance away in both directions but brought back for pictures. It was a great day out there yesterday but very hot so we skipped the afternoon/evening hunt.

Back at it for a third one now. Good luck everyone!

Trying to add photos from the phone is tough. Bird #3 went down at 6am. Have some great footage to edit up when I get time in a few days. Weather has been awesome and the birds are cooperating!