Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Re: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    Has anyone actually had luck killing a turkey with a .22? The way they bob their head, I can't imagine that would be easy. Unless you are shooting them from their roost I guess.
    I took two last fall. One with the .22 from about 70 yards, and then one with the 12 gauge. I bought a good bolt .22 and put a good scope on it specifically for turkeys. I try to brace it on a tree or fence post, but the shot I took in the fall was offhand. The nice thing with the .22 is if you miss, the sound isn’t enough to spook the birds. A .17HMR would likely have them running.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...22-region4.pdf

Page 5.. No mention of shot only... So rimfires allowed..
    See post #29. It was figured out then. In 2018-2019 regs, rimfire was not allowed in Region 4 fall season. Now it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I’m going to be honest. Interprovincial travel at this point is a bad idea. The Covidiots have just shut down a bunch more stuff in BC, and I for one am seriously over it.
    Red plates cruising around hunting definitely risk negative feedback from locals, so be warned Scotty_Mo13.
    Cases here are skyrocketing, new measures just implemented until at least April 19.
    I just rescheduled my own trip as a result.
    Idiots partying along with non locals trying to buy lift tickets just ended my ski season at BW early too.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    Idiots partying along with non locals trying to buy lift tickets just ended my ski season at BW early too.
    Did they close today? I talked to my best friend who runs their special events/terrain parks dept yesterday, and he said they were staying open at least another week. I guess they changed their minds?

I’m going to be honest. Interprovincial travel at this point is a bad idea. The Covidiots have just shut down a bunch more stuff in BC, and I for one am seriously over it. I had to drive to the Okanogan this past Sunday and back on Monday and every second car (no exaggeration) was Alberta or Ontario plates. I put off an Alberta antelope hunt last fall out of respect for the locals in the area we were headed.

iHunter works great here in B.C. I haven’t tried it as far east as Sparwood, but anywhere west of Cranbrook it’s awesome.
    I plan to apply for the AB LEH antelope hunt this year, if I get it I will be headed to AB no matter what is going on...once in a lifetime in my opinion.

Did they close today? I talked to my best friend who runs their special events/terrain parks dept yesterday, and he said they were staying open at least another week. I guess they changed their minds?
    No they pushed ahead from 11th to 6th. Open this weekend.
    Twist and pull.

Red plates cruising around hunting definitely risk negative feedback from locals, so be warned Scotty_Mo13.
    Happy to see in the face of all this we can't be civil to each other. I'm coming in by myself, restaurants and such are closed to indoor dining, and I'm staying in a single room hotel alone, spending my days in the bush... alone.

Covid is a virus, a virus I myself do not carry, of which I am certain. It doesn't manifest itself in people who cross an invisible provincial border. Thanks for the heads up, I'll stash a few trail cams around when I leave my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Mo13 View Post
    Happy to see in the face of all this we can't be civil to each other. I'm coming in by myself, restaurants and such are closed to indoor dining, and I'm staying in a single room hotel alone, spending my days in the bush... alone.

Covid is a virus, a virus I myself do not carry, of which I am certain. It doesn't manifest itself in people who cross an invisible provincial border. Thanks for the heads up, I'll stash a few trail cams around when I leave my truck.
    Not sure what about my comments are lacking civility. I just warned you that the locals where you’re headed might not be welcoming based on current situation. Health authority is asking for essential travel only. Me personally - I don’t give a shit about somebody out in the bush.

And your comment about being certain you don’t have it is ridiculous- countless asymptomatic folks out there with no idea they have it.
    Twist and pull.

Not sure what about my comments are lacking civility. I just warned you that the locals where you’re headed might not be welcoming based on current situation. Health authority is asking for essential travel only. Me personally - I don’t give a shit about somebody out in the bush.

And your comment about being certain you don’t have it is ridiculous- countless asymptomatic folks out there with no idea they have it.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, I didn't mean you weren't being civil. I just mean people in general. I see BC plates all over Alberta, I don't care about it though. I was hunting snows with a guy from BC last week.

And no, it's not ridiculous to say I don't carry the virus, I get tested regularly for work. I understand asymptomatic people, but I'm just plain ol not a carrier as of yesterday, and will rapid test no less than 4 times before I head that way.

Anyway. I hear what your saying. And I'll heed your advice.

That has to be the darkest face camo I have ever seen.
    But I guess it must work, you got some nice birds.
    Congratulations !
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc