Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Re: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I just got home and ground up my turkey with bacon, garlic, green apples and black pepper. Tastes amazing and I hate store bought turkey. My only complaint is I wish my bird was bigger. There ain’t going to be any leftovers.
    Congrats on your First Bird Barry - Sounds like it was a Hoot ! Bird didn't look that small in the pics - BUT there is a LOT of feathers for sure ! RJ

It was probably 9lbs. Gave some to my hunting partner and fed the rest to the family tonight. It was a big hit.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Right on Barry, geez that recipe sounds awesome, congrats on a beautiful bird
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Here’s my longbeard. We took him to a spot with a view for pics lol.
    Twist and pull.

That’s a nice one. Great picture
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Great reads...thanks for the share everyone.
    Hopefully next year I can start in on these birds...sounds like a lot of fun.

Good luck to everyone

Great stuff everybody and thanks for the shares. Still a couple weeks left in the season for those looking to get out.

I’m in Cranbrook until early next week. Will be getting out with my nephew when he’s out of school this weekend. Hopefully I’ll have more to share.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Oh boy. I had a real adventure last week. Got on some birds the second day out, and figure I found their usual trail from the woods to the pasture land they were hanging out on during the day. Was setting up for the evening to see if I can lock down their roosting spot to make a play in the AM, and my truck threw up a "AT Check" code. Check the ATF, all good, nothing seems out of the norm. Decide to head back to town just to be safe, as I figured I had the birds nailed down anyway. When I got out on the highway, truck won't shift past 3rd...

Limped back to town and decided to see what I can do about it in the AM, which turned out to be nothing on a Sunday in Fernie...

Chatted with AMA on towing to Calgary, and you currently can't ride with the tow operator due to Covid. Had to have a friend come down and pick me up. Tow operator shows up in a pickup smaller than mine to tow me, and realizes he can't tow the full distance with the truck he has and needs to try and get his diesel up and running that hasn't run in 3 months...

Long story short, and $1700 later for a transmission wiring harness, plus towing overages, the turks take round one!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Mo13 View Post
    Oh boy. I had a real adventure last week. Got on some birds the second day out, and figure I found their usual trail from the woods to the pasture land they were hanging out on during the day. Was setting up for the evening to see if I can lock down their roosting spot to make a play in the AM, and my truck threw up a "AT Check" code. Check the ATF, all good, nothing seems out of the norm. Decide to head back to town just to be safe, as I figured I had the birds nailed down anyway. When I got out on the highway, truck won't shift past 3rd...

Limped back to town and decided to see what I can do about it in the AM, which turned out to be nothing on a Sunday in Fernie...

Chatted with AMA on towing to Calgary, and you currently can't ride with the tow operator due to Covid. Had to have a friend come down and pick me up. Tow operator shows up in a pickup smaller than mine to tow me, and realizes he can't tow the full distance with the truck he has and needs to try and get his diesel up and running that hasn't run in 3 months...

Long story short, and $1700 later for a transmission wiring harness, plus towing overages, the turks take round one!
    That is rough! Hopefully next year you have better luck...

Ouch I have been there. Lost drive and had to navigate out of the mountains to cell range in reverse once on a goat hunt near Terrace. There was active logging which made it extra fun. Catastrophic transmission failure, full replacement on warranty - but ruined my hunt and cost me a week’s worth of vacation.
    Twist and pull.