Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Re: The Official 2021 Turkey Thread

Never have seemed to master the mouth calls.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Just over a month away from some of the funnest hunting of the year. What's everyone's plans? I'll be hunting my usual Region 4 area but also plan on getting back to one of my old haunts in 8. The warmer temps has the snow melting fast and should have me out scouting in a few short weeks.

Let's see some past successes and if anyone has some pictures of their decoy set up, share it here so we can help out some new turkey hunters.

2020 double up
    That has to be the darkest face camo I have ever seen.
    But I guess it must work, you got some nice birds.
    Congratulations !
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Mo13 View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, I didn't mean you weren't being civil. I just mean people in general. I see BC plates all over Alberta, I don't care about it though. I was hunting snows with a guy from BC last week.

And no, it's not ridiculous to say I don't carry the virus, I get tested regularly for work. I understand asymptomatic people, but I'm just plain ol not a carrier as of yesterday, and will rapid test no less than 4 times before I head that way.

Anyway. I hear what your saying. And I'll heed your advice.
    You will be fine. LOTS of Alberta plates around area this long weekend and I haven't heard of any issues. Being careful the way you plan to be should play well for you. Be careful and be safe and above all "Good luck with that gobbler" !!!!

Just over a month away from some of the funnest hunting of the year. What's everyone's plans? I'll be hunting my usual Region 4 area but also plan on getting back to one of my old haunts in 8. The warmer temps has the snow melting fast and should have me out scouting in a few short weeks.

Let's see some past successes and if anyone has some pictures of their decoy set up, share it here so we can help out some new turkey hunters.

2020 double up
    Those look like nice birds. Did you weigh them? Just wondering what one weighs. I've never hunted them before and this year is the first.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Mine have always come in around 7-10lbs ready to eat. They are definitely not butterballs. I’m sure there are bigger birds out there, but the flock I hit year after year is the only gene pool I’ve sampled.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Have weighed a couple in the past. Mature birds (3+ years) come in around 20lbs give or take.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Headed out yesterday for an overnight scouting trip and got back this afternoon. Dropped 3 cameras into some well established strut zones from the past. Our group is leaving on the morning of the 14th to get some birds located and roosted for the opener. Not long now!

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Have weighed a couple in the past. Mature birds (3+ years) come in around 20lbs give or take.
    Is that as they walked? The weight I gave was ready for the roasting pan. Gutted, plucked, neck and head gone etc.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Is that as they walked? The weight I gave was ready for the roasting pan. Gutted, plucked, neck and head gone etc.
    Yes I was talking live weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_Mo13 View Post
    Hey Folks.
    I'll be heading into 4-23 in a couple weeks looking for turkeys. Just wondering what you folks use for maps? I use the iHunter app here in Alberta and it's great, but I see it's not very helpful west of the border. I'll be stumbling around the Fernie/Sparwood area, so I'm wondering if anyone has some advice to determine ownership out that way. County maps seem to be quite vague as well.
    My advice is drive a bit more and you'll get into much better turkey hunting.