Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swarovsky X5 vs Zeiss Conquest V6

Swarovsky X5 vs Zeiss Conquest V6

Has anyone had a chance to compare these two scopes? The Swarovsky X5 seems to be a more robust version of their "Z" series, I do prefer the floating + reticle of the Swarovsky over the Zeiss reticle. As my eyes get older glass clarity/quality is becoming more of a priority, both scopes are known for their glass quality does the Swarovsky offer enough advantages to justify the extra $700.00?

I do alot of range shooting during the summer, out to 700 yards so I would be looking at the 5-25 or 5-30 power models
    Last edited by GROOTSKY; 03-10-2021 at 12:27 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swarovsky X5 vs Zeiss Conquest V6

As far as I know Swarovskis manufactured completely in house (Austria), tube, all internals, and glass. You also will deal directly with Swaro in Rhode island for warranty or service (cleaning,rebuild,reticle)

Zeiss is harder to nail down where they source from, V6 are manufactured in Germany and Schott glass but as for the other parts idk, (the V4s are manufactured in Japan) so potentially you could be getting some Asian parts. For warranty etc you will deal with Genetec in Toronto

The X5 is more of a heavy, bulky tactical scope. The v6 is more of a trim lighter hunting scope.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I cant comment or compare the two as Ive never used the Z5 Swarovski, I have used the Z6 2.5-15x50

I have owned and used the Zeiss V6 3-18x50 and the 5-30x50, glass is second to none crystal clear, bright, low light performance is excellent, as good or better than most, both scopes had 25/28 MOA of adjustment up from a 100 zero mounted in Talley Rings,

The Zero Stop MOA turret is IMHO one of the very best made, tough as nails and very positive in clicks, I conducted a cpl box tests and always returned to zero without issue.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Weatherby, do you remember which reticle you had on the 5-30? Thanks

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by GROOTSKY View Post
    Weatherby, do you remember which reticle you had on the 5-30? Thanks
    Yes I had the Z-plex (duplex) on the 3-18x50 and the Z-MOA on the 5-30x50, I prefer the Zplex reticle as its a touch finer but for extended long Range its nice to have hashmarks if you don't have enough elevation adjustment in your turret
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

For that price range your best bet is the nx8 nightforce.

The #1 thing that I'm looking for in a new scope is glass quality, from what I've heard and read the top end Zeiss and specifically the Swaro X5 glass is about as good as it gets.

If that's your only concern then the z8 should be top of the list. The x5 turret isn't very user friendly and the glass isn't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    For that price range your best bet is the nx8 nightforce.
    I believe Zeiss is using same/some components as Nightforce, hence why the V4 is made in Japan. Possibly same factory Nightforce parts are.