Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swarovsky X5 vs Zeiss Conquest V6

Re: Swarovsky X5 vs Zeiss Conquest V6

I think that the V4 may be a combination of Japanes/German parts & assembly and the V6 is solely done in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    If that's your only concern then the z8 should be top of the list. The x5 turret isn't very user friendly and the glass isn't as good.
    Im almost 100% Thant the glass quality is the same in both scopes Z8 and x5. The only difference in the lenses is there is more in the Z8

Zeiss has been making top quality glass since the dawn of time. I would take Zeiss over Swarovski any day of the week. I used to make my living with high end lenses in the photography world, and Zeiss is top notch stuff. Not saying the Swaro is not great, just that since you asked, I’m in the Z camp.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    For that price range your best bet is the nx8 nightforce.
    Says who?

Nightforce scopes are as durable as you can get ... but I havent seen too many claims over their optical superiority.

My reasons why NF would never be on my hunting rifle:
    - they are just too heavy.
    - none of their reticles are hunting-friendly. (Almost) all are way too complicated sniper reticles and too fine for your average hunting scenario.

[QUOTE=twoSevenO;2237664]Says who?

Nightforce scopes are as durable as you can get ... but I havent seen too many claims over their optical superiority.

My reasons why NF would never be on my hunting rifle:
    - they are just too heavy.
    - none of their reticles are hunting-friendly. (Almost) all are way too complicated sniper reticles and too fine for your average hunting scenario.[/QUOTE

Ok bud.

To the op, if you've got any specific questions about any of these scope shoot me a pm and I'll give you my honest feedback and yes I've used them all.

Quote Originally Posted by RayHill View Post
    Im almost 100% Thant the glass quality is the same in both scopes Z8 and x5. The only difference in the lenses is there is more in the Z8

The z8 has the best quality glass of any swaro scope. The x5 is fairly old and coating have been upgraded since then.

The Swaro Z5i in 5-25x with ballistic turret would be a very nice choice, and a good one to compare with the Zeiss V6.
    https://www.swarovskioptik.com/ca/en...i-5-25x52-p-bt

As mentioned, if you're looking for optical quality and reticle choices I wouldn't recommend a Nightforce.

I have not owned either of these scopes but I had a bad experience with Swarovsky and will never purchase another of their products.

I know this isn't part of the debate/discussion, but I was looking specifically at the Z8 scope for my new rifle, but held off because of the lower than optimal max elevation that they are capable of. The weight was a huge plus, but the elevation limitation push me onto others.

I think the Z5 is the same 58 moa.

I also have a Z5

Swarovskis always my first choice