Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Traditional Hunting Bow

Re: First Traditional Hunting Bow

I just placed a order today on a Hoyt Satori 21' riser and medium limbs 45lb. should be here in a month. looking forward to shooting with my daughter. possibly taking a bear if I can get enough arrows down range before May when they really start moving around.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I just placed a order today on a Hoyt Satori 21' riser and medium limbs 45lb. should be here in a month. looking forward to shooting with my daughter. possibly taking a bear if I can get enough arrows down range before May when they really start moving around.
    Buy some extra, cheap (long) limbs at 30-35 while you're at it, you'll be glad you did..... you'll be pulling closer to 50 if you're 29"+ and get into bad habits.

I keep my hunting bow(s) 40 and up to be legal and all, but no more than 45 but my primary 3D and target recurves are now under 40 (I draw 30"). Modern limbs have changed the game.

Thanks for the tip. I think will definitely do that. Originally I was going to go with 40# but the guy at the shop talked me into going 45. I have seen lots of cheaper limbs for sale so I’ll be on the lookout now
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I think will definitely do that. Originally I was going to go with 40# but the guy at the shop talked me into going 45. I have seen lots of cheaper limbs for sale so I’ll be on the lookout now
    Unfortunately lots of shops don't know or even don't care about single string archery, Traditional archers are cheap and the shops don't make enough money out of them!

Why I started a little home business (ended it after dealing with "traditional" archers!)