Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Best longrange hunting bullet for medium sized game.

Re: Best longrange hunting bullet for medium sized game.

I'll be trying those 190 accubond lr in my 300 RUM this season. sure works well on coyotes tho

I've given up on ABLR a while back. With tuned loads, they still like to wander around the target at their own will
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

ive shot both 178gr and 200gr eldx and also 190gr ABLR (not that big of a fan)
    H4350- 178gr eldx
    H4831-200gr eldx
    my mountain goat was dead as dead can be with the 178's
    ill be using the 178's in my custom .300wsm with a 20" tube.
    but if your keeping your max range around 400-500 yards id probably go with the nosler accubonds

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I don’t mind paying the $115, it’s the $23 difference from other vendors
    That $23 will not mean so much on the day when you need something right now and they are out of business. It’s hard to spend more than you need to, but I try to support local businesses as much as I can.

.264 winmag- I’d be super pleased with that buck. We almost bought an acreage in Cherryville last year. Looks like there are some nice critters out that way.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I was shooting some steel at 565 yards yesterday with some 165 grain(I think interlocks) that I had loaded up a while ago. It was definitely sub moa at 200m and 300m just shooting off of a Harris bipod with no rear rest. I’m definitely going to push it out further, I’m just not sure if I’m comfortable shooting at game much past that.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    That $23 will not mean so much on the day when you need something right now and they are out of business. It’s hard to spend more than you need to, but I try to support local businesses as much as I can.

.264 winmag- I’d be super pleased with that buck. We almost bought an acreage in Cherryville last year. Looks like there are some nice critters out that way.
    If it were a small mom and pop shop that offered some insight into problems, some level of service or some niche products then I’d feel differently, but it’s canadian tire.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I've given up on ABLR a while back. With tuned loads, they still like to wander around the target at their own will
    This is my findings as well, have tried them in many different cartridges/calibers and I couldn't get them to shoot, regular Accubonds are very forgiving and seem to shoot well out of most anything
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    If it were a small mom and pop shop that offered some insight into problems, some level of service or some niche products then I’d feel differently, but it’s canadian tire.
    Well that’s a whole different story!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I was fortunate enough to cut my mulie tag Friday morning using the 178 ELD-X out of my 300WSM, 63.5gr H4350 going 2930 fps. The deer was shot from 50 yards, quartering away slightly. Bullet went through left rear ribs, right ribs, smashed the opposite side humerus bone in half and stopped just short of exiting the far shoulder muscle. Found what was left of the lead core about 1" from the rear copper cup, both pieces together weighed 104.5gr (59%). Somehow that deer absorbed all 3200 ft-lbs and managed to make it 40 yds downhill before piling up with it's front leg pointing straight up. Bloodshotting was extensive on the far side.

now imagine if that was an elk or moose
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004