There’s been plenty of threads on best bullet for terminal performance, but I haven’t heard it discussed on the long range end of things. Obviously heavy for caliber bullets will be a huge factor, but which bullet has the best balance of bc, terminal performance at varying speeds and ease of tuning.

I’ve been reading a few articles and I think I’m going to try out the hornady eldx. 178 grain in my 300wsm with h4350, maybe even the next size up(I think it was 200 grain)

I don’t trust a Berger bullet for hunting as they don’t seem to stay together or penetrate at all. The accubonds seem popular, but I’ve been reading they’re hard to tune and the last thing I want is to tune a load at my local gun club and then drastically change the environment and expect the load to still be on point. Barnes would probably be my second pick, but they can be hard to tune as well.

My longest hunting shot to date is around 250 yards on a moose with a Barnes ttsx which performed flawlessly, but I’d like to push out to 4-500 yards comfortably.