Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you protect your scope?

Re: How do you protect your scope?

My wife sewed up some neoprene covers for both our rifles. Little lace holds it on the rifle when you pull it off so it doesn't get lost, and the neoprene lets you slide it on and off easily. It handled a lot of travel through southwest BC blowdown this year and preformed great. I like it easy more than the flip up caps that I was using before. Protects it from rain, snow and mud when I take a header.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Swarovski lens covers? Pros/cons?
    I had One on the Objective lens of my Last Z3 - there just like the Leupold ones ! I like them - expensive BUT so it the scope ! RJ

I do cover my scopes with the Leupold neoprene covers except when hunting - I nearly always have a Butler cover on my Objective lens !
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 02-28-2021 at 08:53 PM.

i own a Air Armour Tech cover...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFBcx_luT74

I use balloons over both lenses they are cheap and damn close to 100 percent water and air tight. They come off quick and if you lose them replace with two new ones.

I am almost embarrassed to admit I have often used an old sock...heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
    Usually butler creek flip caps but one november it was just pissing rain and yup all the humidity got behind the cover so it was really useless, would have been better off to not have a cover that day so I'm undecided at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    I am almost embarrassed to admit I have often used an old sock...heheheh
    Not the first person I have heard that from. Lol. Some good advice from everyone and will check out some of the products mentioned. Thanks

I had a neoprene one and liked it....but I lost it. Now I just use and piece of bike tube with a knot in it, it fits tight, offers some bump protection, don't cry if I lose it and it can be used as fire starter in a pinch!

Flip up lens caps. Butler Creeks and Vortex Defenders.

I personally despise butler creek clovers, they are fragile and break and I've never had one last longer than a season or two, I don't understand why they are so popular lol

I like the leupold alumina flip covers, protection when you want it, and flip open and go hunt when you don't need the protection...they used to make lense filters that would stack with the covers too, but discontinued and hard to find now....photographers protect their lenses with filters, never made sense to me that hunters don't do the same...the leupold products were expensive, so I understand why they weren't good sellers maybe, but still don't see any other similar products on the market....it is possible to find a basic UV filter that fits a rifle scope, but gotta take it to the store and try a bunch to find the right threading/size

I don't protect the scope body, but I don't really sell used scopes either, I'm more of an accumulator lol...if it gets scratched hunting then that's just extra character and I know the story behind it
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Does anyone have the name of the neoprene scope covers that a member was selling on here a few months ago? Contact information for that member would be great as well.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member