Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you protect your scope?

Re: How do you protect your scope?

I use a neoprene cover on my Nikon scope. My friend just picked up a Swarovski Z5 and he got the front flip up cap but Swarovski doesn't make any rear caps so he also bought a neoprene cover to go over the setup.

use neopreme covers and take 2 small zip ties one on each side of the turrets .cover stays on the scope all the time

For cleaning .. a can of air duster in camp or your truck works great ... Emzone air duster ...and N-A air blower works great and fits in the pack nicely ... blows the crap off nicely.
    Last edited by Ferenc; 02-28-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Neoprene cover when hiking in. Keeps it clean and scratch free.

When hunting, nothing. I dont see a need for flip cover things or any of that. I've hunted blacktails in pouring rain plenty and have never wished I had any covers.

The glass coatings nowdays keep the rain sliding off nicely

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Neoprene cover when hiking in. Keeps it clean and scratch free.

When hunting, nothing. I dont see a need for flip cover things or any of that. I've hunted blacktails in pouring rain plenty and have never wished I had any covers.
    x2............

Been useing the same hard rubber capped bikini covers for 40 years. A flick of the thumb and there off. Made in Oregon I think, l would like to get some more but cant find them.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

On my Leo's I pony up and get the alumina covers. Once you try them there is no going back. I imagine swaro's covers are just as good.
    If they don't make a cover for your model, the next best are the Tenebraex covers. While not as good as say the alumina covers, they are hands down better than the vortex or butler covers. They still have a decent way of attaching to the scope.

Hey Guys

Weather depending I will run my Leupold Neoprene Scope cover, if its going to be lots of hiking through brush and rain I always have my SOLO Cover over my rifle I find that combination never allows anything to get into my scope. Not sure if our Guns would have made the last trip with out the rifle covers with the amount of rain we received for 7 days. When it was time to take my caribou the cover came off in a couple seconds and rifle was at the ready position.

Quote Originally Posted by walker1985 View Post
    I use a neoprene cover on my Nikon scope. My friend just picked up a Swarovski Z5 and he got the front flip up cap but Swarovski doesn't make any rear caps so he also bought a neoprene cover to go over the setup.
    That explains why I can't find a rear cap anywhere. Lol. That is weird IMO.

Usually butler creek flip caps but one november it was just pissing rain and yup all the humidity got behind the cover so it was really useless, would have been better off to not have a cover that day so I'm undecided at this point.
    Just a conspiracy bro!