Thread: Adjustable Cheek Rest Anyone?

Adjustable Cheek Rest Anyone?

I have a 56mm scope I will be mounting in high rings.

Looking for recommendations on adjustable cheek rests, that do not require drilling and bolting on to stock, so I can get a proper cheek weld.

If you have used anything that can be portable, e.g. slip on, velcro / tie on that came with different foam inserts, please let me know which brand / model you find works well.

Thanks
    Last edited by bcshadow; 02-28-2021 at 09:15 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Adjustable Cheek Rest Anyone?

I bought one from cabelas that works great. I couldn’t find it on their site but it was in stock at the store. It is a felt type material with 3 straps that Velcro around the stock and butt. It comes with 2 different sized foam inserts that adjusts the height of the riser, and it has a pouch on the side that fits some rounds and my magazine in it. I’d highly recommend it if you can find it. It’s cabelas brand, and it’s cheaper than the other ones they had for sale.

There are a number out there. Some require modifying the stock and some don't. Depending on how much height adjustment you need, you may want to look into a Variable convert-a-stock pad made by meadow industries. Another option is the Kick eez cheek pads. The thing I always do before deciding on a cheek or comb pad is to use layers of Mole skin. You can buy it from most drug stores in roles that are about 8" high x 1 ' long. You cut it in strips. It has an adhesive back. Start adding the strips to the top of the comb and check for the right cheek weld. Good luck

I got the Bradley Cheek rest from Bighorn sales and they work well. They aren't cheap though.