Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WSSBC - Large Carnivore ban

Re: WSSBC - Large Carnivore ban

Thanks for the heads up on this ! When the hell will these people STOP !
    Once this Pandemic is over Hunting organizations, game clubs , BCWF , need to make a collective approach to stop this .
    Strength in numbers !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Thanks for your help everyone! Share it around if you can, fighting this is unfortunately done with a keyboard or a phone call. Writing calling or just emailing more often does make a difference.

It's hard enough for the ungulates out there with predator control measures 'in place', imagine if we couldn't impact bears, wolves, and cougars?
    This is great! What's over that next ridge...
    https://www.instagram.com/colehank/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by dany View Post
    Hi HankBC,

Thanks for sharing this! Sent! Is there any info on who owns this anti hunting campaign and how far the reach is?

We should however also aim for change in the own corner, as this entire movement is solely initiated by unnecessary social media provocation of a Vancouver island huntress.
    It outrages me that the biggest threat for hunting comes from within, by unfortunate and unmindful Instagram posts. We all pay the price.

This campaign is pretty easy to link to Raincoast's recent paper on Social License to Hunt. That paper dropped, then it was picked up by the media, then the wolf-trapping woman handed them an unforced error, leading the the livestream between Premier Horgan and the G&M, then the radio interview with Rebeka Breder and Jesse. I know WSS and BCWF are responding, and while I'm sure GOABC and BHA are also probably doing something, I'm not sure what it is.

Steve Hamilton on BC Hunting Fishing FB group also makes sending MLA letters pretty easy (he has blanks in the files section of the Facebook group).

Visits, phone calls, emails and especially written letters in the mail to your MLA are really worth doing. The idea is that they'll demonize and outlaw trophy hunting of big carnivores, with the understanding that big carnivore trophy hunting includes everything down to shooting a grouse.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    This campaign is pretty easy to link to Raincoast's recent paper on Social License to Hunt. That paper dropped, then it was picked up by the media, then the wolf-trapping woman handed them an unforced error, leading the the livestream between Premier Horgan and the G&M, then the radio interview with Rebeka Breder and Jesse. I know WSS and BCWF are responding, and while I'm sure GOABC and BHA are also probably doing something, I'm not sure what it is.

Steve Hamilton on BC Hunting Fishing FB group also makes sending MLA letters pretty easy (he has blanks in the files section of the Facebook group).

Visits, phone calls, emails and especially written letters in the mail to your MLA are really worth doing. The idea is that they'll demonize and outlaw trophy hunting of big carnivores, with the understanding that big carnivore trophy hunting includes everything down to shooting a grouse.

So why is it, that none of the hunting groups are pointing out the fact that "trophy Hunting" in this province is illegal. To the general public Trophy hunting means harvesting and animal just for the head or fur. The regulations are quite clear on this, that all edible portions must be removed or used. The only exceptions are some predators such as coyotes and wolves. The anti's need to be called out on this disinformation campaign. And I would expect that hunting and wildlife organizations as well as hunters should be having this conversation with the general public and politicians. Presently it seems were on the defensive but letting their narrative stand if that makes sense. We need to chance the conversation and talk factually.

I'm not sure what the other organizations are doing, hopefully sending out emails and templates for members as the sheep society has.

You're correct in the fact that the main goal is to stop hunting. It started with Grizzlies, now it'll continue until we can't hunt rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post

This is great! What's over that next ridge...
    https://www.instagram.com/colehank/?hl=en

thanks for the link. It was so simple.

I followed up with a second custom email directly to my MLA as well. I still can't accurately gauge how legitimate the threat of potentially losing something as sustainable and arguably necessary as the black bear hunt is right now, but the time to "wait and see" seems to be behind us.

I don't want to take any chances and am ready to get involved.

It doesn't say anything about what organization is now working to ban large carnivore hunting.
    Other than the known ones.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Done! That was too easy. Thanks WSSBC

Done in less than 2 minutes

Done, and thanks for sharing!