Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WSSBC - Large Carnivore ban

Re: WSSBC - Large Carnivore ban

Thanks folks! Appreciate your involvement. If you’d like to double down there’s a couple threads on here with other chapters doing the same thing.
    cheers,
    This is great! What's over that next ridge...
    https://www.instagram.com/colehank/?hl=en

Thanks for posting this Buddy, I may be about to be the most hated dude on HuntingBC or even kicked off but going to bump this thread every time it disappears from the recent bar on the home page.

This page wont exist if this happens, this is the start of them trying to take away all hunting and every single person on these pages needs to sign these initiatives. PERIOD.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Thanks for posting this Buddy,

This page wont exist if this happens, this is the start of them trying to take away all hunting and every single person on these pages needs to sign these initiatives. PERIOD.
    Well said PH.
    This is far from the start. Unfortunately this has been happening for years, and the NDP we have here now, is the same Dirt we had when we lost Grizzly management ripped from us. Yes hunting is a huge part of management.
    This Present Government provincial and federal cater to these Voters that judge by emotions not science.

If you don't do your part and at least try to protect your heritage, your tradition s, your way of life, you have no one to blame but yourself for not doing anything.

It's proof we have seen, federally and provincially, Government will stretch truth any way possible to get votes.

Do your part now.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

I started a petition (on my own) when I first moved and got settled in BC in 2012 to show support for the Grizzly bear hunt and to use both science based management as well as hunting as a tool in wildlife management. That petition got 12,300 signatures and did it rather quickly.

With WSSBC and BCWF pushing these campaigns, and with social media where it is today, I'd hope to see 50,000 letters created as a result.

If anything, the thread of this title could even be changed as it runs so much deeper than just 'large predators' these days and protecting hunting in general.

Engage your local MLAs, write them, phone them up, have a coffee with them (where restrictions allow) or get on the phone with them. Drop a letter off to their office as well as mailing them. The more we do, the better!

Letters submitted. Also booked a phone meeting with my MLA to discuss. Hopefully he is receptive.

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post
    I'm not sure what the other organizations are doing, hopefully sending out emails and templates for members as the sheep society has.

You're correct in the fact that the main goal is to stop hunting. It started with Grizzlies, now it'll continue until we can't hunt rabbits.
    hey Hank, BHA is encouraging its members to write/call/meet with their MLA’s as well as directing them to the WSS letter. On Vancouver island we are also pushing back against a petition to close he Cowichan estuary to hunting after someone poached a swan so if anyone feels like it, please help us out by reaching out to the MLA for tha area as well as Katrine Conroy

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Thanks for posting this Buddy, I may be about to be the most hated dude on HuntingBC or even kicked off but going to bump this thread every time it disappears from the recent bar on the home page.

Well said. I’ll jump on that as well if need be. This thread needs to continually be pushed we have social media as well let’s use it to our advantage this time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3than View Post
    Well said. I’ll jump on that as well if need be. This thread needs to continually be pushed we have social media as well let’s use it to our advantage this time.
    Absolutely dude.

Lets bump this up guys, sign, sign, sign.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Signed....

keep this bitch bumped

Signed and joined WSSBC today