Thread: WSSBC - Large Carnivore ban

Re: WSSBC - Large Carnivore ban

To the top
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Done and passed on "big time".

I am not surprised by the ridiculousness of the Anti's and the elk.

Also, its why i dont like the term "trophy" in our hunting practices terminology any longer.
    And, why i said we need real hunters in Politics now....more then ever!!
    We have left science based stuff a long time ago, for the "pull on your heart strings and use emotion thru the I-net.
    And why i said i am tired of hunters arguing whether spike or 4 pt should make things better.

The real problems are exactly what the OP posted.
    The Anti's are organized because they have "1 Agenda", and that is to ban all hunting.
    Ver easy optics to focus on to reach their objective.
    We get to "Washed out" because we are looking at too many small issues to concentrate are efforts properly.

Time to wake up folks and support you hunters.
    We are all in the same boat, time to paddle together.
    Amen....we also need to educate the non hunters more, about how hunters put a value on wildlife and put money into wildlife and habitat, and how regulated hunting seasons work from a scientific perspective... organizations such as the BCWF need to post more articles in the newspapers etc, that is, if they'll post them...

You fellas have been posting some very good points !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Just want to get this back to the top. I will be sending my own penned letter as well as the ACT NOW and BCWF letters.At least take the 2 minutes and complete the ACT NOW link on the WSSBC website. I have not written a letter since in high school but figured nows the time to get pen to paper. Lets flood our government with letters phone calls even emails and let them know we care about our wildlife and our traditions.

I don’t actually see where there is a direct action to further regulate hunting in bc. The website mentions no active campaign or any specified group. I can only assume they are reacting to the paper linked to by the raincoat society titled the eroding of the social license to hunt large carnivores.The article itself is not anti hunting, it is a research paper discussing the social license to hunt and its impacts on hunting regulation. I’d highly recommend hunters to read it critically. The research paper actually investigates how to preserve the social license to hunt and the realities that threaten it. From my understanding, the segments trying to link a threat to elk and sheep in with large carnivore have been taken entirely out of context. I believe that the outlined recommended action hunters can take seems well informed and based on the reality we are seeing play out in regards to hunting legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I’d highly recommend hunters to read it critically.
    Have you listened to or read much of other related things from Raincoast or Chris Darimont? I'm not trying to be offensive or dismissive, but there's more to the story than just the paper.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

I don’t actually see where there is a direct action to further regulate hunting in bc. The website mentions no active campaign or any specified group. I can only assume they are reacting to the paper linked to by the raincoat society titled the eroding of the social license to hunt large carnivores.The article itself is not anti hunting, it is a research paper discussing the social license to hunt and its impacts on hunting regulation. I’d highly recommend hunters to read it critically. The research paper actually investigates how to preserve the social license to hunt and the realities that threaten it. From my understanding, the segments trying to link a threat to elk and sheep in with large carnivore have been taken entirely out of context. I believe that the outlined recommended action hunters can take seems well informed and based on the reality we are seeing play out in regards to hunting legislation.

So the fact they started their "Ban the Grizzly Bear Hunt" circus in the exact same way should be overlooked?

A group who outspokenly vehemently opposes hunting is giving advice on how we can preserve hunting and should be trusted?

The fact they claim Predator hunts are "Trophy Hunting" even though people eat Cougar, Bears, etc should be skipped over? And threw Elk and Sheep in that category....

We should also overlook the basis they're suggesting that wildlife should be managed off of Social politics rather than sound scientific evidence?

This is a bold outright attack on hunting and our abilities to provide for our families. I agree that hunters need to do a better job at educating the public on all the amazing things that hunting does for the wildlife we cherish. Hunter are conservationists. We plan an extremely vital role in both animal and habitat protection. We pump more money into wildlife funding programs through tags, draws, organized groups than any other segment of the population. Humans have already irreparably impacted the landscapes so much so that we need to take responsibility and mange our wildlife carefully, which includes scientifically managed hunting. Without this wildlife will fail.

I am working hard on educating those willing to listen! There are a ton of people that are in the non-hunting but not anti-hunting camp. They need to understand what real hunters do for the wildlife we care about, why we're important to it's long term survival, and how the animal can provide meat for many people throughout the year. This is my new passion. Anti's will not win this battle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0ed1210fa8d3bf117609b4320dc2c158.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	8345  

Done ! RJ

I’m on my phone so I don’t have the ability to put together a full response cause it’s a pain on here. But that’s the entire issue, there should be no management by social licence, and anything that even alludes to that should be taken very seriously by hunters AND wildlife managers. You can easily read between the lines to pick up on threats and narratives pushed in the paper, such as separating “food hunters” from “trophy hunters” and ultimately saying if the “food hunters” don’t turn on the “trophy hunters” than the licence to hunt for food could be lost to.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    I’m on my phone so I don’t have the ability to put together a full response cause it’s a pain on here. But that’s the entire issue, there should be no management by social licence, and anything that even alludes to that should be taken very seriously by hunters AND wildlife managers. You can easily read between the lines to pick up on threats and narratives pushed in the paper, such as separating “food hunters” from “trophy hunters” and ultimately saying if the “food hunters” don’t turn on the “trophy hunters” than the licence to hunt for food could be lost to.

Thats the thing about hunting, there should be no such thing as "Trophy Hunting" as every hunt is for food, ( the trophy is in the eye of the beholder regardless if its a 30" buck or a doe you're still eating it )

and I say it again and again this is one of the main reasons we lost the Grizzly Bear Hunt as we never had a leg to stand on because the hunters and guide/outfitters insisted that Grizzly meat was unfit for consumption and never wanted to take the meat out.....so in turn its deemed a "Trophy Hunt" by the tree huggers....

man I got trashed on here many times for saying they need to change that designation for the Grizzly hunt where all edible portions must be taken out before we loose the hunt, I hate to say I told you so we all know how the GB hunt ended !!!

Every Hunter should preach and say they only hunt for Sustenance, its my right to have organic meat to feed my family.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America