Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Geese

Re: Spring Geese

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Ha ha That makes me want to go down to the coast..Thanks for sharring are you trying get some free steel shot.?
    I'm an Ambassador for Kent. (they don't call it Pro Staff anymore). I get a good price on my ammunition! Some pictures I post are taken for KENT Cartridge Canada to use for their social media and other promotional purposes. I include them here because I set up my photo and don't take another without the Kent products.
    I've used the Fasteel for 20 years, only rep'd for this year. Actually, I've promoted Kent Fasteel for 20 years because I feel it's the best ammo I can shoot for consistant results. I've only received a price break this year as an Ambassador. I promoted it in the past because I find I get more birds down with less crippled or winged birds on my days afield. I shoot Fasteel 1560fps in 3" #4 and #2 for ducks. BB for geese. We all spend a lot of money on equipment to hunt waterfowl, shooting quality ammo should top the list.
    Last edited by Dano; 02-25-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

I've never tried the Kent shells before,,,,sound like good shells! What I have discovered is that I've had far, far fewer cripples since I put a PatternMaster duck choke on my shotgun. Shortens up the string of pellets from 20' down to 7' according to test results. I've been using Score #3's this past year.

My buddy using 1 1/4 oz shells whereas I've been using 1 1/8 oz. What do you guys like for shot weight?

I use the kent 2.0 in 7/8 oz. 3" out of my 20 g. with a patternmaster fast and very controllable, geese Black cloud 1 1/4 in BB works pretty well and have some 3.5" 1 5/8 winchesters just because

I got lucky and Marc invited me out on a hunt last weekend. Was awesome. Got my dog her first exposure to geese. I think she had a serious (WTF) moment as its only been ducks over water so far.

Last edited by Ron.C; 02-26-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I got lucky and Marc invited me out on a hunt last weekend. Was awesome. Got my dog her first exposure to geese. I think she had a serious (WTF) moment as its only been ducks over water so far.

I love nothing more than watching the dogs work!!

That first goose retrieve can be quite hilarious and one worth getting on video. I know because my 50 pound griff kept stepping on the lower wing. lol

That dog is gripping it in a good spot. I’ve only had a few dogs that did well with geese, my current lab knows where to grip them!
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Out today in Pitt but weather was too calm. Blanked

Being fishing the Vedder river quite regularly sure lots of big Canada geese around. Being tempting to knock on Dairy Farms doors for permission to hunt them but I still have some geese left over in freezer from this past season.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

Last edited by 180grainer; 03-10-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU