Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
I’ve been talking about this with my hunting partner too. He wants more room. We’ve been sleeping in a 2 man hubba tent the last few years and I’ve been pretty happy with my msr tents. I’ve had my 3 man elixir in a situation where we were on the edge of a tornado warning with no issues and I’ve had my two man hubba in some pretty nasty spots in the mountains without too much issues. I remember waking up a couple times in the night because the tent pole was beating me in the head from the wind and it held up without raining blowing under the fly. He was asking me about tipis last night, but neither of us want mice running across our face in the middle of the night and I’m not sure how hard they are to set up in a hurry on ground that’s less than flat when the weather turns shitty. We’re pretty nomadic too, we don’t set our camp up in one spot and day hunt, we tend to just pack our gear up and keep moving which is a lot nicer with an msr tent that sets up in minutes in any weather.

Maybe some of you guys with the four season tents could chime in, but I stayed in my brothers 4 season msr last November in pretty cold weather(at least -20, probably -30 overnight) and it was pretty damp in the morning. My sleeping bag, pad and gear was damp. That’s really the last thing I want when I wake up. I’m wondering if he didn’t have some of the vents open.

I need another three man backpacking tent for the family, so I think I’m going to buy another hubba 3 man which we can use for hunting as well.
We’ve been using the mutha hubba for fam jam trips. Generally the weather is not to bad on family trips, it’s served us well.

Iv read horror stories about 4 season tents and condensation. I generally leave all my vents open anyway, but definitely would on a 4 season tent.