Thread: Thoughts on Looncry, Aeroplane or Solitary lake

Thoughts on Looncry, Aeroplane or Solitary lake

UPDATE : just found this, https://www.trinacaryphotography.com/hire-me

looks as though this 5 star resort is located on Denetiah lake

does anyone know different

I have booked a flight in with Urs for mid September, but seeing some comments on Loon cry being real busy from Dease lake side, was looking into alternatives.

does anyone have information ( recent information, like 2020 hunting season.

on Solitary lake, Aeroplane lake., both look low land and good moose habitat but it also looks fairly solid bush around both shorelines.

Urs is recommending Denatiah lake, that although looks good, I see scope lake outfitters has built a ranch cabin on the west end of the lake according to the news letter on their web site.
    last thing I want is to Boxing Day hunting.

anyone got recent information on these 3 please

cheers
    Graham
    Last edited by Leveraction; 02-19-2021 at 09:36 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Thoughts on Looncry, Aeroplane or Solitary lake

Darwin Cary (scoop lake) only runs a yoga retreat there, so your good. If you do plop down on Denetiah take a fishing rod, you will limit out every day.

Thanks upnover, appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by upnover View Post
    Darwin Cary (scoop lake) only runs a yoga retreat there, so your good. If you do plop down on Denetiah take a fishing rod, you will limit out every day.
    For real? I saw he'd built that, but just for yoga retreats?

To the OP. For this year anyway I wouldn't worry about which lakes the outfitters are set up at. I really doubt there will be any US clients hunting. I hunted a lake with a big fly in camp on it this fall. Place was locked tight and nobody there.

Ya I’ve done so more research and this 5 start resort is actually Darwin & family.
    I did call and talk to Darwin, what a wealth of knowledge that man is and so friendly and willing to share what he knows.
    was a pleasure to speak to.

im gonna stay away from Denetiah, I’m just wanting to hunt a shoreline, by myself nice and quiet, although the thoughts of a sheep or goat seem interesting, the fact is after the hip was replaced, 10 -20 km hikes are a bit much for me.
    more like a 5-6 km round trip would work, but going alone, has me wanting to play it a little slow for the first time.

thank you for all the advice Gents