Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mag lite Bulbs

Mag lite Bulbs

Not sure what happened but there was a time you could buy Maglite bulbs anywhere , now I can’t find them except online . Anyone know where to buy them in the LowerMainland ?
    Also has anyone done an LED upgrade for 3 D cell one ? Is it worth it ? Can you buy those locally also ?
    Thanks !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mag lite Bulbs

Maglites have gone the way of the dodo bird! I do recall they used to have a spare bulb stored inside the unit? Have you used that one up?

I have a 3 D cell maglight, but it's collecting dust, maybe there is an LED conversion available.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Try Aklands
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I have several and switched to led bulbs off amazon.-
    ca

great output and battery life, don’t regret the small investment into these classic beating sticks

Arctic, I changed out the original bulbs on 2 Maglights for LEDs a few years. Got the LED bulbs out of a battery store in Reno when I was at the sheep show. The bulbs were pricey, but like you I like the Maglites. Buying on line is likely to be your best bet. The battery life and light output are both enhanced.

That said, a complete new flashlight with smaller batteries that would outperform the old Maglight is likely pretty cheap...maybe cheaper than the LED bulb conversion. Good luck!

I used to have several of different sizes, lots of mini maglites in vehicles, outbuildings and packs. Every now and then I find one and it's almost nostalgic
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I have a C and D Cell Maglite. Both LED and love 'em. Had them for years.

I know I bought a couple of Minimag's over the years but no idea where they are now.

Pretty sure I can buy a 10 pack of tiny flashlights on Amazon that would outperform any Maglite I've ever had.

But I like the larger Maglites because, especially after a few drinks, I can easily find them in my sleeping bag, and holding them is almost like hanging on to a grab bar in a bathroom.

Looks like LED bulbs are available on Amazon the price is $11-19.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I’m a bit of a flashlight whore. Nothing worse than fumbling around without light. Came out from Elk hunting one night from the high alpine only to realize my light was dead. And of course it was a moonless cloudy night. That was one long stumble back to the truck, but we finally made it. Ever since then, I’m prepared with extra light
    You can buy quality led lights at a reasonable price now, so conversions aren’t really saving you money. My old mag lights/pelicans are just dust collectors now.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.