Thread: Cabelas covenant rifle scopes?

Cabelas covenant rifle scopes?

I'm looking to put some glass on my 204 ruger and I'm wondering about these cabelas scopes. Any idea who makes them? What are your thoughts on the quality of them? Figure it'll mostly be used for beaver, coyotes and the odd trip to the gopher patch.

Thanks in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cabelas covenant rifle scopes?

I actually just looked at one at Cabelas this past weekend. Seemed pretty high quality. Clarity was comparable to a Burris scope I looked at previous. Granted that was in the store with bright indoor lighting.

I asked who made them and the guy behind the counter said they won't tell who makes them. Not sure how to take that. If I wasn't sold on the Burris scope I might have picked the Cabelas just cause of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by JG75 View Post
    I actually just looked at one at Cabelas this past weekend. Seemed pretty high quality. Clarity was comparable to a Burris scope I looked at previous. Granted that was in the store with bright indoor lighting.

I asked who made them and the guy behind the counter said they won't tell who makes them. Not sure how to take that. If I wasn't sold on the Burris scope I might have picked the Cabelas just cause of the price.
    If they refuse to tell you where it's made, most likely in China.
    That's real shitty behaviour on part of the sales staff.
    Well, a little research confirms it is made in China.
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...eview.6924874/
    However some of their scopes are made in Japan, which is good quality.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I heard a while ago that meopta was building some of their scopes. I've never looked thru a Burris. I'll have a look next time I get to the city. Was hoping to mail order but i should look first.

Pretty good reviews on that link, Otto. Price seems reasonable and I'm not to worried about the warranty. Finding rings to fit my rifle with the tube size might be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Pretty good reviews on that link, Otto. Price seems reasonable and I'm not to worried about the warranty. Finding rings to fit my rifle with the tube size might be difficult.
    Why is that a problem Blaine?
    1" and 30mm rings are available for most rifles.
    I do have a hard time finding rings and QD bases for my M/S 6.5X54.
    They are available from a couple German sources, but they are extremely expensive.
    So I'm on the lookout for used ones, but no luck so far.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I think we are all overlooking the most important aspect of the original post.... GOPHER PATCH? You don't have gophers close by do you Blaine??

I had one on my Savage VLP 22-250, lasted about 50 rounds and the elevation turret quit working...put the warranty replacement on a 12FV 6.5 CM but haven't put many rounds on this one yet.