Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leupold Vx-3 cds vs Vx-5hd

Re: Leupold Vx-3 cds vs Vx-5hd

The picture of the crosshairs doesn’t do it justice. I can see all of the numbers clear as day looking through it.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

All those dot's and numbers - just WAY too much in there for a hunting scope and too FINE for FAST hunting WHY would you want all that in there with a CDS scope ? WindPlex is Perfect with CDS system - Hey just my Opinion - if you like it - GREAT !
    I still like My B&C reticle and LR reticle with windplex BEST for hunting - RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    All those dot's and numbers - just WAY too much in there for a hunting scope and too FINE for FAST hunting WHY would you want all that in there with a CDS scope ? WindPlex is Perfect with CDS system - Hey just my Opinion - if you like it - GREAT !
    I agree I'm also starting to like the wind Plex a lot

The problem with the windplex is you can’t buy one right now and nobody knows when they’re going to get one. I don’t know if you could even find a duplex at the moment and the b and c seems kind of useless to me. I’ve been looking for one for a couple of months. Great north said they’d get one in mid April, but every other retailer has no idea when they’ll be in so I figured great north is giving a little bit of lip service.

Maybe I’ll change my mind, but I have zero interest in getting custom dials made up for this scope. If you know what a minute of angle is then there’s no reason for them. I personally think it’s a false sense of security. I have a sightron with an moa reticle and I’ve shot out to 500 metres with it plenty of times without touching the turret, so there must be some value in that, maybe if you’re making a quicker shot and don’t have time or don’t want to move and spook something.

For the record, this is on a dedicated sheep rifle. It won’t be used for deer, moose or any other critters.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

All GOOD ! Buster RJ

Just thought I’d throw something out there.

I was out shooting today with my vx-5 and my brother was shooting with his vx-3. The screws that hold on his top turret came loose and let the turret free-wheel. Shortly after I found a bit of a wiggle room on my parallax adjustment and it was the same problem. Kind of odd that it happened to us on the same day

I reset mine at 100yards and tightened it down. I’m going to shoot with it a couple more times and then pull each screw out one at a time and put a dab of pink(low strength) loctite on each screw and tighten them back up.

Just thought I’d share just in case someone heads out hunting and has that happen or loses a turret altogether.

There Sick - Covid Scopes Buster ? Jab them with Loctite ! RJ

There Sick - Covid Scopes Buster ? Jab them with Loctite ! RJ
    Is that a government approved message? Lol

Hmm ! Korth sells Direct to the public now ? What did that scope cost ? RJ
    No Jim, it was a replacement under warranty for a scope no longer available, so no idea on the price

Here's my take on these scopes that I have...the leupold vx3/vx3i have good optics but, the vx5hd 3-15x44 takes it up a notch(impact29 works alright for hunting), vx5hd has 2 turn dial big plus over the vx3.

I just bought a Vortex razor LHT 3-15x42 (HSR-5i MOA) 32 MOA reticle and Illuminated dot, the weight is the same as the vx5hd 3-15x44.

The Vortex has better glass than the vx5hd, an illuminated dot, lift locking elevation turret, and a thicker reticle (if that matters).

My house sits in a valley with mountains to the east and west( peaks are 2-3 Km both directions), off my back upper deck the upper logged cut is 2800 yards (according to google earth) from my deck... I can clearly make out individual fireweed flowers with the razor, the vx5 isn't quite as clear (slightly blending flowers together).

Both are excellent scopes but so far the Razor to my eyes gets the win all around