Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Vx-3 cds vs Vx-5hd

Re: Leupold Vx-3 cds vs Vx-5hd

I let the kids decide. They picked the vx5 so I have one coming from great north precision. Should be here mid April.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I let the kids decide. They picked the vx5 so I have one coming from great north precision. Should be here mid April.
    That's what I would have done if Dad is paying for it. Hope it works out well for you.

I ended up with the vx5hd and impact 29 reticle. I didn’t want to wait for one to come in and I really wasn’t confident that they were going to show up on time from the retailers. I threw in a timney trigger spring at the same time. I actually took the light spring and trimmed it down a touch more.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Lol ... ya, I could never use that reticle for hunting. That would be terrible

I ended up with the vx5hd and impact 29 reticle. I didn’t want to wait for one to come in and I really wasn’t confident that they were going to show up on time from the retailers. I threw in a timney trigger spring at the same time. I actually took the light spring and trimmed it down a touch more.

I've got the same VX5HD as you....very nice scope, the problem with the VX3HD is it only has 14.5 MOA dial up....what the heck are you going to do with that!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I AGREE - Ok for target shooting BUT it would be HORRIBLE for a Hunting ! jmo RJ

April 2022 maybe lol.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    I AGREE - Ok for target shooting BUT it would be HORRIBLE for a Hunting ! jmo RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What don’t you like about it? The fine crosshairs? Or the busy window? I’m going to bring it for a test drive today. The fine cross hairs is what worries me. I’ll hold it up to a bunch of different backdrops and see how it sticks out.

What don’t you like about it? The fine crosshairs? Or the busy window? I’m going to bring it for a test drive today. The fine cross hairs is what worries me. I’ll hold it up to a bunch of different backdrops and see how it sticks out.
    A little thicker would be nice but even at last dusk or first dawn on 3 power it still works on a dark coloured object in bush.

An illuminated dot would make it perfect as an all around reticle though...JMHO