Thread: New hunter learning in region 4. thanks for having me!

New hunter learning in region 4. thanks for having me!

Hey guys, thanks for having me! I have got tons of awesome info off this website and figured it was time to introduce myself. I am a new hunter who just moved to the cranrbook area for college. It has been an awesome place learn how to scout and find animals , use trail cams etc. This turkey season will be my second time hunting. I currently just archery hunt. If any locals are looking for a hunting buddy or feel like teaching a noob a few things feel free to drop.me a line!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New hunter learning in region 4. thanks for having me!

Can't help you but wish you luck and lots of good times

What are you studying? My son is living in the dorms, he’s taking his hd pre app.

I am taking the welding foundation program. Pretty cool so far!

Thanks ! Been awesome so far !

Welcome to town! If you ever want to get together and shoot some arrows let me know.

Cranny is one city I've been thinking of relocating to for work. How are you liking it so far?

Its pretty good! Got everything ya need walmart,safeway,Canadian tire all that.. people seem alright so far.. the abundance of nature and wild life has been amazing.. i grew up in the west kootenays than moved to Vancouver when I was 20 and have been there the last 8 years so its been a nice change being able to drive 10 minutes to get out into nature compared to a hour or so drive in Vancouver just to be surrounded by tons of people still.. only downside I have seen so far is lack of family doc or walk in clinic.. have to go to ER to get prescriptions etc but if your in good health thar shouldn't be an issue haha

That would be awesome! I need my bow tuned up, do 6ou have experience with tru flight archery or kootenay archery? Websites don't have much info

Quote Originally Posted by Patches250 View Post
    That would be awesome! I need my bow tuned up, do 6ou have experience with tru flight archery or kootenay archery? Websites don't have much info
    Kevin at Kootenay Archery is great and I've heard great things about his tuning. I'd have no hesitation using him. Bob at Tru Flite is working from his home now but I'd imagine still tuning.

I do all of my own bow work so can't really give a first hand experience from either of them.