So it’s that time of the year where the newbie asks for advice on a particular area and gets hassled by those who have come down with cabin fever and are grouchier than normal.

I have a Spatsizi sheep tag in the pocket and hoping for a caribou or moose tag to go along with it. The plan is 12-14 days near the end of August beginning of September.

I have gone through the massive amounts of posts here on the topic but was hoping to chat with someone who has been recently. I’m not looking for areas. I think I have a general sense on where to go. But more have some logistical questions to ask.

I was hoping to find someone who would help via pm but if I’m curious about things perhaps someone else would be in the future, so I’m going to post a lot of them here for others to read in the future.
Hopefuly those with knowledge will reply publicly but if you’d rather pm that would be good too.
I have some questions about water availability but those are area/spot specific so I’m not going to litter the Internet with place names to send the crowds to latter (although I didn’t think any of these spots are all that secret)

ok questions:
is it possible to leave a stash of things/food at cold fish lake camp?
would it be safe from people, mice, bears, sasquatches????
thinking of heading one direction for apx 8 days and then back to the lake to restock and off in another.

Is there power at cold fish lake camp?

what area/town do you use for current weather reports and what would you modify weather/temperature wise when you’re up on the plateau. (I usually drop about 3degrees for every 1000’ of elevation, is that the same up there?)

whats the availability for fire wood up on the plateau? And in some of the surrounding areas. Again I can be a bit more specific in a pm but generalities help.

Im sure there was something more I was thinking of asking but that’s all I can remember now.

A big big thanks to anyone who is willing to offer advice