Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Re: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Blaming Jesse or any other individual is not only unhelpful but plain out wrong headed. Same goes for the BCWF, GOABC, WSSBC, BCTA, UBBC or any other conservation organization that was involved! I was at the table gentlemen and all of the above organizations worked (especially the GOABC) to influence the governments of the day to implement a regulation to bring the G-Bear meat out. The BCWF admittedly dragged their feet arguing that giving an inch would open the door to further socially driven policies and bans. Christy Clarke insisted we DO something or she would kill the hunt!

If you want to level the blame on an individual that person would be that lying scumbag Andrew Weaver, and the GREENS and NDP are the two organizations deserving of our wrath and a "never vote for those assholes again policy"!!

Although the BCWF's approach on the G-Bear hunt was hard-headed and problematic they absolutely fought the good fight with clear and positive intentions and in your best interests. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to STFU until you learn a few more facts!
    Thanks for that Bill!
    Spot on.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Lol, no I don't have anything against the guy, but he just appears like such a bloody child in his videos it makes me squirm.
    I agree with everything you said for sure.
    Those are the main 3 that I found and they are easily turned around with presenting the truth. But we don't have a hell of a lot of right representation.
    Antis are just lying to the public by twisting the truth and we keep just taking it.
    We need to do better.
    i just had to take a poke at you on the celebrities....I have a tough time paying much attention to any of them.
    I give Fred credit, he’s like a kid on a hunt & maybe that’s an attitude too many of us don’t display.
    Hell, the one guy I’d like to have in hunting camp is “Uncle Ted” Nugent.....and look at how many think he’s a nut job.
    I think he’d be a riot.....maybe that makes me the whack job...lol!
    On a good note....I believe something good is about to be launched!

horshur wrote: "It is important to be honest about the membership no matter how offensive."

I think that's 100% right. The truth may be uncomfortable, but it's always friendly.

"Trophy, meat(sustenance) ,management, enjoyment, income ,social. At times obsessive other laissez faire."

I think I'd describe my motivations a lot like yours. I'm planning an epic fall hunt now. I'd love to get some sort of cranker, but I haven't even decide what or where I want to go. Right now we're squarely in the "social" part of it as the crew plans our trip. Later in the process there are going to be different motivations becoming more important. And who are we kidding? If I end up seeing a nice tender 2 pt mule deer beside an absolute specimen you know, everything else being equal, I'm making a play for the cranker.

Asp asked:

"so you believe the approach you have presented is working to defend hunting for all? Residents, First Nations , outfitters?"

I don't think we have a really functional approach now. I think that's why we're talking about this. But, I think that recognizing that there are multiple motivations to hunt, and that 99.9% of them are good and honourable and not harmful in any significant way would serve the interests of all three groups you mention. Obviously there are some conflicts of interests between all three groups, but there is way more overlap. I think we can navigate those differences pretty easily (maybe "easily is the wrong word - it seems to me like one of those things that's simple, but not easy).

Puddlejumper said:

" I challenge the BCWF to compile all the data that illustrates the estimates of the number of bears in this province."

I think that's a good idea, and I'll pursue it. No promises on what it'll look like, as I'm not sure who has the data, or how much there is (big problem with following the science in BC? We're missing a lot of the science). I'll report back. Excellent idea.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    THIS!!!!

Unfortunately, looking at for example most hunting facebook groups, we are headed in the opposite direction. I recently came across this guy who has a IG channel "blood origins"... forget his name but he was on the "Hunter Conservationist" podcast. While i am a bit put off by his first response to an IG reaction was asking me for money, I like his overall direction and approach. I wish more hunters would just put a little bit more thought into how they represent themselves publicly....
    Robbie Kroger was the guest's name. I haven't looked into much of his material yet, but was also intrigued by what he was saying on that episode. Interesting background as well being from South Africa and able to provide his take on trophy hunting.
    On the same note, Mark Hall (host of The Hunter Conservationist) is guy I really enjoy listening too for his insight, and I think the hunting community only benefits from having voices like his in the public forum.
    Last edited by WetLeopard; 02-19-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WetLeopard View Post
    Robbie Kroger was the guest's name. I haven't looked into much of his material yet, but was also intrigued by what he was saying on that episode. Interesting background as well being from South Africa and able to provide his take on trophy hunting.
    On the same note, Mark Hall (host of The Hunter Conservationist) is guy I really enjoy listening too for his insight, and I think the hunting community only benefits from having voices like his in the public forum.
    Agree. Thoughtful, composed, educated. Not afraid of both addressing science based and more ethical/philosophical issues in a balanced way. We need more of that in the public eye

gave a quick listen for the lulz, had expectations of a typical SJW from RB, but man, UN-HINGED... REEEEEE!

We as hunters need to hit back harder on this trophy kill trope, and tell it like it is.
    It's simply a hunter challenging himself to harvest a wiser older age class animal nearing end of life expectancy.
    It's harder to do and requires more dedication with a bigger chance of ending with tag soup.
    Reducing any antler or skull to just a "trophy" like a ribbon you get for participating is silly.
    It's a memento of the work you put in, the memories of the adventure and an honoring of the animal that gave its life to feed you and your family for a year.

As hunters we're participants of the food chain, not spectators!
    Last edited by Mark-R; 02-21-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    One of the sad realities is that a big portion of our population knows sweet f*ck all about Canadian wildlife. A friend and former work mate was a pretty outspoken anti-hunter when we first started working together. One thing I came to realize about him and most other moderate, uninformed anti hunters, is that he knew nothing about wildlife. Couldn’t identify anything, never saw any wildlife because he was uninterested and never thought to look for them. He just thought it was wrong that someone would purposely kill them. Wildlife have zero contribution in the lives of him and his wife, but that didn’t stop them from having strong opinions about it. Very common scenario and they make up a big portion of the population.

Didn’t take long working together before he changed his opinion. He still didn’t want anything to do with hunting but stopped with his ignorant attitudes towards it. Hunting to most people like him just brings up images of fat dudes dressed in camo, driving around in a truck, drinking beer and looking for something to kill. It’s unfortunate.
    I agree with your first sentence, but its not just non-hunters its hunters as well. Many hunters know nothing or very little about wildlife, and its many of them that cause the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    Wholly shit I though I had seen everything, but I am to be corrected again. j270wsm, it will be you, LBM, Jager and others that will bellyaching on this forum in a few years wondering why you aren't hunting wolves and bears and you will be blaming Jesse for not doing enough. You don't think the lawyer will be monitoring this site to discredit any spokesperson that has the resources to defend a sustainable hunt for food and the protection of ungulates, and here are you donkeys just adding to the argument for the ban.

Jesse did a fantastic job of sticking to the facts and data, in a volatile situation, where there is no rationalization with the other side due to their emotional connection to the subject matter, you stick to the facts, if you have to keep repeating those facts then so be it, but don't waver.

I cannot believe half the shit that is spewed out on this forum. There are some real intelligent people then there are those that just don't get it.
    HAHA dont worry wont be blaming Jesse there is enough other hunting and trapping organizations causing the lose of hunting opportunitys.
    Facts and Data ya his wife likes smoked hams and COs get more calls when you can get dozens of calls about the same bear, pretty flawed way of determining a population.
    It wont be non hunters that are the main factor in the lose of hunting opportunitys. You want to get non hunters on your side then hunters must show that the actually care about wildlife.

I wish she would watch a few video's of wolves slashing the hind quarters on deer and moose and chase them till they become to weak from blood loss to run any more.
    The other is bears ripping the stomachs of fawns and moose calves eating them alive.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I have noticed a disturbing trend on wildlife shows that seems to cut away from all the savagery so as to not "offend" anyone...well it offends me that they are whitewashing the realities of nature to suit the Disney narrative...……..
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    I wish she would watch a few video's of wolves slashing the hind quarters on deer and moose and chase them till they become to weak from blood loss to run any more.
    The other is bears ripping the stomachs of fawns and moose calves eating them alive.