I prefer the analogies to farming (in my best trump impression "and I love farmers"...heheheh)…1) not hunting animals is akin to saying "if only we just left all the wheat in the field instead of harvesting it we would end up with a lot more wheat".....ummmmmm how is it even possible to think like that!!!!. 2) hunters and farmers realize the need for sustainability -just like hunters, a farmer knows it is in his/her interest to ensure working the farm does not deplete the soils and leave nothing for the future... 3) farming has resulted in the loss of way more animals and the destruction of many more ecosystems than any hunting has ever done...
Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
I think that’s the wrong approach. That approach would be asking a lot of anti-hunters to change their emotionally driven opinions by trying to trigger a different emotional opinion in convincing them that wolves and bears are somehow evil, vicious killers. I personally don’t understand why anyone, especially hunters, would use that argument to support predator hunting. It’s one emotional opinion vs another emotional opinion.
Predators kill to survive plain and simple and life/death is harsh.

IMO Wildlife are resources and need to be managed to suit everyone’s uses. The hard part is convincing people that everyone’s uses are important and sustainable.