Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Re: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

This is a great idea. PRince George and Fernie aren't home to the ignorant and uninformed populations blindly throwing their uninformed opinions into the ring and online.

why not host a BCWF open house in Vancouver, and invite any (reasonable) person who is on the fence or just generally opposed to hunting to come talk and learn?

I agree with the notion that it's the uninformed and ambiguous majority of the population that we need to connect with and educate. The radical anti hunting crowd that reads or contributes to sites like animaljustice.ca (for example), aren't going to change their dishonest opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    This is a great idea. PRince George and Fernie aren't home to the ignorant and uninformed populations blindly throwing their uninformed opinions into the ring and online.

why not host a BCWF open house in Vancouver, and invite any (reasonable) person who is on the fence or just generally opposed to hunting to come talk and learn?

I agree with the notion that it's the uninformed and ambiguous majority of the population that we need to connect with and educate. The radical anti hunting crowd that reads or contributes to sites like animaljustice.ca (for example), aren't going to change their dishonest opinions.
    That's right. In Fernie they are just preaching to the choir.
    Also BCWF has to organize public events available for everyone to attend where most people live.
    And this is LML and south island.
    Even at the risk of having some vegan protestors flashing their titties and bathing in red liquid.
    You organize an event where 50K people show up and you bet you will attract media attention.
    Instead of hiding in the boonies.
    Lower maindland general population doesn't even know hunting exists.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Is there a link to a recording somewhere? i tried to find it but no success

Time for all to put up. No reason to shut up. Click on the damn link! Send the damn letter!

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/actnow/

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    I wish she would watch a few video's of wolves slashing the hind quarters on deer and moose and chase them till they become to weak from blood loss to run any more.
    The other is bears ripping the stomachs of fawns and moose calves eating them alive.

How about mortality studies that show a cow moose surviving the initial wolf attack, escaping, and later dying of infection? Kind of puts paid to "wolves only kill the old and weak, and they eat everything".
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

I think BCWF picks places like Fernie, Ft. St. John, Nelson, etc, because local clubs are critical to the success of the convention side of the AGM. LML clubs are really very weak compared to those outside the LML.

Pre-Covid I helped organize a few public BCWF events that were well attended, including ones right in downtown Vancouver where predator reduction was readily accepted. We really do need more shoulders to the wheel in the LML. If anyone in the 604 wants to do more, contact me.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    I think BCWF picks places like Fernie, Ft. St. John, Nelson, etc, because local clubs are critical to the success of the convention side of the AGM. LML clubs are really very weak compared to those outside the LML.

Pre-Covid I helped organize a few public BCWF events that were well attended, including ones right in downtown Vancouver where predator reduction was readily accepted. We really do need more shoulders to the wheel in the LML. If anyone in the 604 wants to do more, contact me.
    I've heard that before Rob. But if we don't have strong clubs on places where we have most members we have a problem that needs fixing.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    I wish she would watch a few video's of wolves slashing the hind quarters on deer and moose and chase them till they become to weak from blood loss to run any more.
    The other is bears ripping the stomachs of fawns and moose calves eating them alive.
    I think that’s the wrong approach. That approach would be asking a lot of anti-hunters to change their emotionally driven opinions by trying to trigger a different emotional opinion in convincing them that wolves and bears are somehow evil, vicious killers. I personally don’t understand why anyone, especially hunters, would use that argument to support predator hunting. It’s one emotional opinion vs another emotional opinion.
    Predators kill to survive plain and simple and life/death is harsh.

IMO Wildlife are resources and need to be managed to suit everyone’s uses. The hard part is convincing people that everyone’s uses are important and sustainable.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 02-25-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    I think that’s the wrong approach. That approach would be asking a lot of anti-hunters to change their emotionally driven opinions by trying to trigger a different emotional opinion in convincing them that wolves and bears are somehow evil, vicious killers. I personally don’t understand why anyone, especially hunters, would use that argument to support predator hunting. It’s one emotional opinion vs another emotional opinion.
    Predators kill to survive plain and simple and life/death is harsh.

IMO Wildlife are resources and need to be managed to suit everyone’s uses. The hard part is convincing people that everyone’s uses are important and sustainable.
    ..........Good post..........

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    How about mortality studies that show a cow moose surviving the initial wolf attack, escaping, and later dying of infection? Kind of puts paid to "wolves only kill the old and weak, and they eat everything".
    see post 118
    Does anybody every spend the time to actually talk to non-hunters yes some do not really no what goes on out there but many do and actually do a lot to help wildlife.
    What you say isnt really a good example, what about how many animals are shot with guns/bows and get away to later die from infection.