Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Re: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Im not convinced and don’t believe that grizzly hunting will make a return. But if that does occur there is no way that the World would look at it as anything but a Trophy Hunt (which it is) if once again hunters are not required to take out the meat. Killing a bear and leaving the carcass just rubs the world the wrong way and I happen to agree. Alaska has seen the writing on the wall and rumour has it that they are looking at implementing you shoot a grizz you pack out the meat. I agree with such a regulation for more than one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Im not convinced and don’t believe that grizzly hunting will make a return. But if that does occur there is no way that the World would look at it as anything but a Trophy Hunt (which it is) if once again hunters are not required to take out the meat. Killing a bear and leaving the carcass just rubs the world the wrong way and I happen to agree. Alaska has seen the writing on the wall and rumour has it that they are looking at implementing you shoot a grizz you pack out the meat. I agree with such a regulation for more than one reason.
    have to agree with you stoneramhunter. I came to the same conclusion after years of engaging non hunters (not anti hunters) in my Victoria workplace by sharing tasty treats like Bear pepperoni/jerky/burgers. ( great icebreaker to discuss hunting) ....

Can't recall how many times I heard " hunting isn't really for me but I don't have a problem with it as long as you eat what you shoot....." And I often heard non hunters opposition to the Grizzly hunt as it was clearly a trophy hunt where meat retention was not required.

Like many things these days, I believe the vast majority of people are pretty much ambivalent and want to just go about their lives. But it's all to easy to polarise people like this on a particular issue like "trophy hunting" .

In regards to wolf hunting, it needs to be pitched as a predator management issue. And in BC, we need to manage predators because we (humans) are responsible habitat for loss and other wildlife mismanagement shortcomings. Would be nice if nature could be left alone to balance itself but we've created perfect wolf hunting territories from one end of the province to the other and the ungulates are paying the price for it. So we either control one species or watch several be decimated.

Also, look at the negative publicity predator hunting got a couple years back when a club advertised a "wolf wacking " contest. Bad publicity and I can assume very easy for anti's to use for their own gain.

We as hunters need to be smarter than this and can do better.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 02-16-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
    Did you hunt grizzly when they were open, if so did you shoot one.

Back in the 50"s and early 60"s gun clubs asked hunters to be careful as to what pictures we took of the game we killed. It can be very disturbing to animal lovers to see an arrow sticking out of the side of a deer and it running away to die some where in the bush.

We were warned that this would disturb a lot of people and they may try to have hunting banned.
    Today almost everyone is taking videos/pictures of the KILL SHOT and great gaping exit wounds their most destructive bullet makes and posting them on line.
    They even post the poor shot that wounds the critter and takes another 3 of 4 shots to put it out of it's misery.
    No wonder there are so many people against hunting when they see the carnage. It even makes me feel bad when I watch some of the stuff posted on you-tub.
    Hunters should be a little more sensitive with the pictures and videos taken on hunts.
    MM

Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    Just listened. They had no time for callers. Rebeka sounded unhinged and Jesse was very even keeled and stuck to the facts. I think he represented hunters well
    Glad to hear he represented us well...I worked so was not able to listen...I've met Jesse a couple times and he seems to be a well spoken individual who truly cares about hunting...

Debate amongst ourselves is good, but lets not lower ourselves to the level the Lawyers was heading down. It's funny how a person gets shit from the masses for a job non of them are willing to take over? I've met Jesse a couple of times, very professional. Knowing what little I do about the man, I KNOW hes' not doing the job for $$$
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Arrow Re: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

I'm just going to leave this here:

https://bcwf.bc.ca/the-mike-smyth-sh...unting-in-b-c/

Have a listen, and make up your own mind just who was rational and on point for our side...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

^^^^^^^The bear talk starts at around the 35 minute mark

Bear is a food species that just happens to be a predator.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach