Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
There’s a few key points that should be kept in mind;

- man has hunted for thousands of years.
- predators (competition or threat to life) have been thinned out by man for thousands of years.

Now let’s look at what’s going on, we’ve got an anti hunting enviro movement taking place that’s asking for the shutdown of predator hunting & trapping.
What will it do to the “Social License” of the anti hunting organization if they are successful in their closures of Apex predators and all species of wildlife are decimated due to their actions.
I would suggest that you study on what happens when so called “Predator Pits” are created through irresponsible or non existent wildlife management.
For wildlife management to exist all species must be included in the plan .....you cannot leave a handful out of the equation.
The anti group driving this campaign can’t be reasoned with.
The “motherships” are in it for the money and for the most part the followers are irrational.
The 80% of BC’s population that are neither pro of anti hunting are who we should be talking to and tell that if the support this anti movement their Social License towards the well being of wildlife will no longer exist.
We will gain more ground going that route than defending bear hunts because our families like double smoked bear hams.

We’ll just be told to go to the store and buy some pig.

I agree. And I think you said it more clearly than I did.