Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Re: Rebeka Breder trying to ban Wolf an Bear hunting

Kos....don’t hide who you are. Talk about hunting every chance you get. Just make sure to be as thoughtful/respectful as possible if your talking to someone who doesn’t hunt. You never know how they will respond to or interpret the conversation.

Quick story.....few yrs back I was finishing caping/cleaning an elk skull for a European mount. I had my truck backed in towards my garage using the tailgate as a work bench when I noticed a white mini van drive by. The lady driving was eye balling me as she passed, when she got to the stop sign( love on a corner lot ) she was completely sideways in her seat looking back at me. As she proceeded around the corner, I thought “ that was weird “ when out of know where, here comes Karen. walking up the road with 3 kids young in tow she rounds the corner and I see that shes locked on me. All I though was “ oh shit, this is going to get interesting “. Expecting this woman to freak out about me caping this skull in plain sight where her kids could see it. As she gets closer.....she asks if it’s ok if her kids see what I was doing......??? Wtf.......I was completely caught off guard. In the end she just wanted to expose her kids to real life. Her husband was the new pastor of the church by my house and their family had just moved to town. It was one of the most positive hunting conversation I’ve ever had.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 02-18-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Kos....don’t hide who you are. Talk about hunting every chance you get. Just make sure to be as thoughtful/respectful as possible if your talking to someone who doesn’t hunt. You never know how they will respond to or interpret the conversation.

Quick story.....few yrs back I was finishing caping/cleaning an elk skull for a European mount. I had my truck backed in towards my garage using the tailgate as a work bench when I noticed a white mini van drive by. The lady driving was eye balling me as she passed, when she got to the stop sign( love on a corner lot ) she was completely sideways in her seat looking back at me. As she proceeded around the corner, I thought “ that was weird “ when out of know where, here comes Karen. walking up the road with 3 kids young in tow she rounds the corner and I see that shes locked on me. All I though was “ oh shit, this is going to get interesting “. Expecting this woman to freak out about me caping this skull in plain sight where her kids could see it. As she gets closer.....she asks if it’s ok if her kids see what I was doing......??? Wtf.......I was completely caught off guard. In the end she just wanted to expose her kids to real life. Her husband was the new pastor of the church by my house and their family had just move to town. It was one of the most positive hunting conversation I’ve ever had.
    Ah I don’t know anymore the lml is way to soft and I’d say 70% if not more of my highschool is anti hunting, teachers are vegans and animal activists huge number of girls are vegan or going vegan, I only know one friend of mine 3than here on hbc and my cousin out of 1200 kids in my school that hunt it’s pretty sad to think about, makes us feel like outcasts. Nothing to cry about tho just the way it is nowadays. And yeah that was definitely a cool story I thought I knew where it was going but it completely suprised me that she was ok with what u were doing and wanted her children to learn, atleast there’s still some people doing it right that don’t hunt but understand what it’s about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kos View Post
    Ah I don’t know anymore the lml is way to soft and I’d say 70% if not more of my highschool is anti hunting, teachers are vegans and animal activists huge number of girls are vegan or going vegan, I only know one friend of mine 3than here on hbc and my cousin out of 1200 kids in my school that hunt it’s pretty sad to think about, makes us feel like outcasts. Nothing to cry about tho just the way it is nowadays. And yeah that was definitely a cool story I thought I knew where it was going but it completely suprised me that she was ok with what u were doing and wanted her children to learn, atleast there’s still some people doing it right that don’t hunt but understand what it’s about.
    Ya its sad to think about. I've had one teacher in particular express how she was a vegan then went on to jokingly say "I had a kid who was a hunter last year if you hunt I will fail you haha". People just aren't educated about it anymore and when they do see "hunting" related topics its all the anti propaganda type topics. No one seems to be properly educated about hunting and what is involved with hunting. From what i have seen many people assume you just walk out shoot something and leave no one seems to understand what goes into it. I also believe from what I've seen teachers seem to spread and push there own opinions on students. I heard from a friend of mine that a vegan teacher told him eating an egg is equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes. Stuff like that should not be happening period.

One of the sad realities is that a big portion of our population knows sweet f*ck all about Canadian wildlife. A friend and former work mate was a pretty outspoken anti-hunter when we first started working together. One thing I came to realize about him and most other moderate, uninformed anti hunters, is that he knew nothing about wildlife. Couldn’t identify anything, never saw any wildlife because he was uninterested and never thought to look for them. He just thought it was wrong that someone would purposely kill them. Wildlife have zero contribution in the lives of him and his wife, but that didn’t stop them from having strong opinions about it. Very common scenario and they make up a big portion of the population.

Didn’t take long working together before he changed his opinion. He still didn’t want anything to do with hunting but stopped with his ignorant attitudes towards it. Hunting to most people like him just brings up images of fat dudes dressed in camo, driving around in a truck, drinking beer and looking for something to kill. It’s unfortunate.

I don't have any anti hunters and vegans around me.
    I don't know what it is they just do well around me.
    I did know one once, but she readily cooked meat for the rest of us.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

BCWF has this bad practice of holding their AGMs in places like Fernie, Prince George, instead of having them in downtown Vancouver smack in the middle of vegans.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quick story.....few yrs back I was finishing caping/cleaning an elk skull for a European mount. I had my truck backed in towards my garage using the tailgate as a work bench when I noticed a white mini van drive by. The lady driving was eye balling me as she passed, when she got to the stop sign( love on a corner lot ) she was completely sideways in her seat looking back at me. As she proceeded around the corner, I thought “ that was weird “ when out of know where, here comes Karen. walking up the road with 3 kids young in tow she rounds the corner and I see that shes locked on me. All I though was “ oh shit, this is going to get interesting “. Expecting this woman to freak out about me caping this skull in plain sight where her kids could see it. As she gets closer.....she asks if it’s ok if her kids see what I was doing......??? Wtf.......I was completely caught off guard. In the end she just wanted to expose her kids to real life. Her husband was the new pastor of the church by my house and their family had just moved to town. It was one of the most positive hunting conversation I’ve ever had.
    I too had a similar experience. Was grocery shopping and a couple of schrubs (dreadlocks) were shopping, vegan this vegan that, organic this and that. So they get in the line up behind me and as I am always into having a conversation I ask you are obviously vegan, yes was the reply. I ask by choice, yes again. So i say no fish chicken etc. and they say that is correct.

So my next question is what about hunting, they both state we chose the vegan lifestyle as it suited or way of life but if we were to ever eat meat we would hunt and fish for it as it would be the best way to get a lean organic source of protein, they didn't like the way the commercial meat was raised and processed. Dam near feel on the floor, I shook both their hands and told them this was the first ever response like that i have ever gotten. I wish others would have this view and let people decide what is best for themselves and not judge others.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

All I thought was “ oh shit, this is going to get interesting “. Expecting this woman to freak out about me caping this skull in plain sight where her kids could see it. It was one of the most positive hunting conversation I’ve ever had.

I hunt waterfowl down off the dike in Delta and on sunnier days (which suck for ducks, but are great for sitting out and enjoying the day) there are tons of people with kids on bikes etc in the same parking lot. I got “the look” from a mom unloading the pink tasseled bikes with the kids waiting. As they passed me getting kitted up to head out on the foreshore with the shotgun etc I expected her to make a nasty comment. Nope. She said “my kids and I are booked in to do our CORE in two weeks”. Lots of duck questions followed and I walked up to thedike with her where she met up with another woman and her kids who weren’t as keen on the situation, but after chatting with her friend and I for a few minutes, the second mom seemed to be a lot more positive towards hunting.

Of course some other moron called the police on us that day, and the two cops that drew the short straw had to wade out to us in knee deep water to investigate the “men with guns” spotted on the dike. The one cop said “I wish people would learn to read the giant signs that state hunting season is Sept to March”, and other than that, they were very professional and chill. I wouldn’t have been as happy to walk out into the freezing water in my shoes...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    Ron C and Stone Ram hunter are bang on. Was having this exact conversation with my wife last night about how predators should be called a management hunt and yes Edible portions of all bears should be legally required to be taken. We also “Must” get away from the term “Trophy Hunting” or even the term what a Trophy! We are Selective hunters; not Trophy Hunters. Trophy hunters just sounds bad to the antis. We all need to be smarter how we brand hunting for future generations! It is a must!
    This I agree with. I'm unsure where the term "trophy hunting" came from? Selective hunting doesn't come with a stigma imo that trophy hunting comes with.

Pull your head out of your ass!!

Do i think that jessie had some good points.....yes. Do I want to admit that he didn’t do very well in the debate....NO. If people like myself aren’t allowed to express our interpretation of the debate then how do we learn from the debate? When it came to answering rebeka’s question about how the ministry came up with the estimated numbers of bears or the allowable harvest numbers......referencing complaints to co’s about nuisance bears was the worst answer he could have given. A simple reference to biologists and the scientifically proven study’s that they have used for 30,40,50yrs would have been the best option. I guarantee that any non hunter listening laughed when he referenced using nuisance bear calls as a way to estimate bear populations.
    There is always room for improvement, my interpretation given the circumstances is that he did better than the wingnut promoting non-hunting, and speaking from experience, Jesse probably walked away and wondered why he didn't elaborate on the data. What he did do was point out that nuisance bears are one but one data set that is used to estimate populations of bears in addition to pointing out that data is collected from hunters and the Province data, so technically he did answer the question.

All the while Breder dismissed hunter data, provincial data and nuisance bear reports that all contribute to the estimate of bears in the Province and argued that hunters are a dying breed and that the public is opposed to trophy hunting. Well black bear hunting in my mind is not trophy hunting, yes people look for the largest animals and have those preserved for memories while enjoying the meat, but her interpretation is based on her emotions and ideologies and not based on science or data, she cannot argue that it is not a sustainable harvest. Lets tear her arguement apart with the facts. I challenge the BCWF to compile all the data that illustrates the estimates of the number of bears in this province.

Interesting fact, Rebeka Breder is a lawyer. Question is her role to uphold the law being compromised by her beliefs, as a lawyer is she falsely stating that she speaks on behalf of the public at large? Maybe she is breaching the code of ethics she swore to follow? Just a thought.