Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Pathetic Poachers

Re: More Pathetic Poachers

I love the “ban them from hunting” responses to poachers

***** they arnt legally hunting currently so what’s a ban going to do

Laws are there for honest citizens to know where the boundaries are. Laws are not for dishonest people to follow.
    As an honest citizen occasionally, we make mistakes we step up and own them, and we are literally crucified to the maximum extent of the law. Hunting privileges gone for a few years, firearms confiscated , in some cases your gear taken away.
    then there are those like the people in the video, If I was to catch you in my back yard stalking around my back door, with a loaded cross bow I’m going to assume intent to harm me or my family. ( I’ll leave that right there ) . In short distances like the size of your backyard, 20-30 yards, that cross bow is a firearm as it can surely kill, and it needs to be looked at that way by the law, but it is not.
    when the punishment supersedes breaking the law 5 or 10 to 1, then the bad guys will start paying attention.
    until then they will not.
    do you remember the story of the Chinese man here in BC ( in the last 1-3 years ) shooting black bears and taking only the gall bladders, shooting deer and deciding the antlers were not large enough so abandons the kill, got truck and gun confiscated, drove into I think Prince George, bought a new truck and a new gun and went back to hunting all within the same day.
    as shocking as that sounds, it happened, but the punishment was nowhere near the crime, he got a few thousand dollar fine, did not get his firearm back, lost privileges for a Couple of years, and walked away, with the clear understanding that he does NOT give a dam about our laws, firearm laws, hunting privileges and Canada, or BC in this case is there for him to use as he see’s fit.
    more important he was permitted to keep hunting 2 more season until he had his court case.
    went back to China with some bs storey about helping his son complete his education, will likely come back in a few years, and do what he wants again.
    If your a bow hunter, good on you for stepping up to the challenge of taking animals within 40-50 yards, to me that makes you a much more skilled hunter, vs the guy ( me ) who shoots his animals at 200 or more yards ( I’m talking about myself here , and nobody else) as I’ve taken a lot of animals by rifle, and was marginally successful with a bow.
    don’t take the comment that bow hunters are scum of the earth ( in the story ) as that is the general uneducated masses lumping us all together, which we all know we are not, and as a bow hunter you are not. Let the negative crap fall off your back.
    back to the issue here is that the punishment does not equal the crime and until we lobby government for changes, this is going to continue.
    if you do want this pushed further, write your member of the bc legislature, get several thousand signatures and push this, alternately you could try taking this to your member of parliament, but I think it will remain a provincial matter.
    if the guy with the loaded crossbow doesn’t get caught, as his face is clearly on video, something is wrong with the
    Police, but again is it a police Matter..... not the cross bow, the trespassing is yes, but that is a $150 dollar fine and I’m sorry your honour, I didn’t shoot the animal I was trying to put it out of its misery.
    the killing of the animal out of season is a wildlife offence.
    the loaded cross bow on private property in a residential neighbourhood should be a federal offence and he should get 3-5 years.
    but he won’t as the cross bow is not a firearm.
    if the cross bow or bow would get that classification , then all the honest citizens ( like the ones in the first sentence I mention ) would get lumped into the same category as the guy in the video.

we live in the land of liberals, even if you kill in this country, you go to jail, find god, and get out in 5-7 years for good behaviour.
    sucks but true.

stay positive and hunt on, be happy we all have each other on here to shoot the shit with when it’s not hunting season.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    I love the “ban them from hunting” responses to poachers

***** they arnt legally hunting currently so what’s a ban going to do

so if you don’t ban him from hunting do you think he should be allowed to hunt game while in season. You have to start somewhere. It’s kind of like a drinking and driving, you don’t follow the rules you lose your license. Seems pretty clear to me
    Last edited by jac; 02-14-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Laws only affect the law abiding.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Laws only affect the law abiding.
    that’s true until you get caught.

Living in Kelowna this is absolutely in character for the place. And on Lakeshore too. That is right in the downtown core!!!!

The first people that should be charged are those that feed deer in urban areas. The one chap was saying that his children play in the area. What would he say if one of those deer decided to hammer a few hoof prints into his kids noggin. Ask my wife how that feels. She took two blows to the head from a domestic red deer doe.
    Although this doesn't negate the fact that the trio were hunting that deer. But what would be said if they happen to be WFN band members exercising their traditional rights?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

[QUOTE=Jagermeister : Although this doesn't negate the fact that the trio were hunting that deer. But what would be said if they happen to be WFN band members exercising their traditional rights?[/QUOTE]

Phuck them and there BULL-SHIT traditional rights ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by amc000 View Post
    Living in Kelowna this is absolutely in character for the place. And on Lakeshore too. That is right in the downtown core!!!!
    It's not right downtown. Lakeshore is one of the longest running roads in Kelowna. Looking at the little bit of the lay of the land, it looked to be nearer to the end of the road rather than downtown. That address number that was provided is a business building where the person with the Seitz surname may be a massage therapist.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"