Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Re: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Those are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    that is a crappy situation and horrible response from a company like kifaru...I've been through similar, vendor didn't care about their paperwork mistake....and UPS has to calculate based on the value on the packing slip/paperwork

I filed a credit dispute and didn't get an automatic refund, but I didn't pay any interested on the disputed amount until it was settled, and eventually the vendor refunded an adjustment to my credit card (assuming after a master card agent contacted them regarding the disputed transaction).....a royal pita to deal with, but might be something you can consider

Re: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    that is a crappy situation and horrible response from a company like kifaru...I've been through similar, vendor didn't care about their paperwork mistake....and UPS has to calculate based on the value on the packing slip/paperwork

I filed a credit dispute and didn't get an automatic refund, but I didn't pay any interested on the disputed amount until it was settled, and eventually the vendor refunded an adjustment to my credit card (assuming after a master card agent contacted them regarding the disputed transaction).....a royal pita to deal with, but might be something you can consider
    Thank you for your suggestion!! I nearly went that route, if it had been much more $$, I certainly would have. The amount of time I spent on the phone with ups, Kifaru, and kifaru’s shipping company (this is the first time they’v used a shipping company for my stuff, and the first import charges I have seen from Kifaru), after all the time, I just wrote off that $130. It’s more their loss then mine imo, as I won’t do any shopping with them anymore, nor recommend them, which I use to do a lot.

James, I have no experience with the exo bearer, but with the Kifaru (and it’s not because they frosted me), the shoulder carry, sure causes me a lame shoulder after a day, and especially after a few days. I do use the front carry if I’m in bear country, or am still hunting and ready to draw, but most of the time, my barrel is poked up through my top side compression strap on my pack, with my but end in the cradle. It seems to hold tight there, and is still pretty easily deplorable.

The front carry, also causes smacks in the face by your rifle sometimes when crawling up through choked off alder patches and such, and if hiking single file, the barrel is pointed at whoever’s in the lead.

Just a couple thoughts on the barer.