Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Re: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

I’m loving my DT1 and reckoning and cargo panel, on either my gen 1 frame or Hunter frame. My duplex lite showed up with a broken top cross brace, there’s only a carbon arrow shaft in there, so be careful. I won’t use my lite frame for any extended pack trips. I will also say, after my last bout with Kifaru, I would not order from them again. Great gear yes, customer service, gone for $hit. Be sure to have your shipping figured out before your order, you may get dinged more then once on the customs.

For anyone wanting to take their chance, 25% off tac and ultra light frames this week

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I’m loving my DT1 and reckoning and cargo panel, on either my gen 1 frame or Hunter frame. My duplex lite showed up with a broken top cross brace, there’s only a carbon arrow shaft in there, so be careful. I won’t use my lite frame for any extended pack trips. I will also say, after my last bout with Kifaru, I would not order from them again. Great gear yes, customer service, gone for $hit. Be sure to have your shipping figured out before your order, you may get dinged more then once on the customs.
    first time hearing of bad service out of Kifaru..would you mind telling us what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    first time hearing of bad service out of Kifaru..would you mind telling us what happened?
    Iv been using Kifaru packs for about 10 years now, and have had great dealings with kifaru, up until now. I don’t mind sharing my experience at all, as it is money out of my pocket, not just bad service. I understand screwups happen, but with a Kifaru rep not only calling me a bullshitter (even tho I have the invoices on hand), but not returning any of my calls or emails afterwards, seems pretty chicken chit on their part.

long story short, i ordered a ball cap and a slick bag, which shipped in 2 shipments. I got smacked with a $130 import on a Kifaru ball cap which shipped first, when I contacted ups, they informed me the charge was for my whole order, so I paid it. 2 weeks later, when my slick ships, I get another import charge of $150, so I contact ups again. They told me I had to pay it as that was the invoice they had, otherwise it would go to collections, so I paid it.

a few phone calls and emails to Kifaru proved pointless, the person I spoke to on the phone all 3 times, didn’t care about my issue, and was to forward it to her boss, which that’s the voicemail I received, basically calling me a bullshitter without proof. I forwarded both invoices to Kifaru, with a follow up email a few days later to see if they received them. I never did hear back from anyone. I’m a proud owner of a $150 Kifaru hat now.

I just ordered a gun bearer, hope its as good as everyone says
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Iv been using Kifaru packs for about 10 years now, and have had great dealings with kifaru, up until now. I don’t mind sharing my experience at all, as it is money out of my pocket, not just bad service. I understand screwups happen, but with a Kifaru rep not only calling me a bullshitter (even tho I have the invoices on hand), but not returning any of my calls or emails afterwards, seems pretty chicken chit on their part.

long story short, i ordered a ball cap and a slick bag, which shipped in 2 shipments. I got smacked with a $130 import on a Kifaru ball cap which shipped first, when I contacted ups, they informed me the charge was for my whole order, so I paid it. 2 weeks later, when my slick ships, I get another import charge of $150, so I contact ups again. They told me I had to pay it as that was the invoice they had, otherwise it would go to collections, so I paid it.

a few phone calls and emails to Kifaru proved pointless, the person I spoke to on the phone all 3 times, didn’t care about my issue, and was to forward it to her boss, which that’s the voicemail I received, basically calling me a bullshitter without proof. I forwarded both invoices to Kifaru, with a follow up email a few days later to see if they received them. I never did hear back from anyone. I’m a proud owner of a $150 Kifaru hat now.

wow that is brutal! although i think that is more of a UPS issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    wow that is brutal! although i think that is more of a UPS issue.
    I spent many hours on the phone with UPS. The invoice states, 1 hat, at $469.97, so the import is calculated accordingly. When UPS say’s it’s going to collections if it doesn’t get paid, a guy tends to bite the bullet and pay it. Live and learn I suppose.

Re: Pulled the trigger (EXO)

So actually ended up going EMG K3 6400. Too much @ Kifaru was unavailable and EMG was my first (then second, then first -- you know how it is) pick on a new pack. Has anyone used the EMG gun carrier similar to the Kifaru system where the barrel is in the front of your armpit?

Has anyone been so excited that the have a tab open for the shipping tracker so you can see where it is. That may or may not be happening.

I've had pretty good dealings with Kifaru and staff so far, I haven't had a customs bill like that yet though!

If you order through Omer at precision optics he usually takes the pain out of it.

Used a reckoning, 44 mag, and the Fulcrum. Going to try a Ma Deuce next. So far the 44 mag is great for day trips / scouting etc. Could do up to 5 days in it I'd say, but you'd have to use the load shelf to haul critters out.

Fulcrum I take on any expedition, it's served me well. Seems overly strappy at the start, all the way up until you NEED the straps! Loaded my camp, 2 days of food, and a full stone sheep in it without having to piss about with the load shelf. It's a tough set up to beat, and if I could only have one bag it would be the fulcrum.

Some examples for you - https://imgur.com/a/b9Q0gmu
    This is great! What's over that next ridge...
    https://www.instagram.com/colehank/?hl=en

I spent many hours on the phone with UPS. The invoice states, 1 hat, at $469.97, so the import is calculated accordingly. When UPS say’s it’s going to collections if it doesn’t get paid, a guy tends to bite the bullet and pay it. Live and learn I suppose.
    that is a crappy situation and horrible response from a company like kifaru...I've been through similar, vendor didn't care about their paperwork mistake....and UPS has to calculate based on the value on the packing slip/paperwork

I filed a credit dispute and didn't get an automatic refund, but I didn't pay any interested on the disputed amount until it was settled, and eventually the vendor refunded an adjustment to my credit card (assuming after a master card agent contacted them regarding the disputed transaction).....a royal pita to deal with, but might be something you can consider
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster