Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Cool Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Well after careful deliberation I finally landed on the Kifaru frame.

My awesome wife decided to buy me the duplex lite frame for Valentine's Day -- what a woman!

I'm pretty excited -- now I just need a pack to fit on it. I picked up a gun bearer too.

Wooooohoooooo!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pulled the trigger (Kifaru)

Which pack is everyone running? They told me you need about 1000cui a day, but I think I could slim that down with the gear I have collected over the years.

So a week long would be able 7000cui or 100+ litres.

Does that sound about right?

I've been looking at the hoodlum closely.

I would say 1000 ci/day would put you in the ball park. Some guys say they can get 7 days out of a 5500 and others swear by a big bag like a 7800. In my opinion you can never have enough extra room but it will make using the bag for day trips a bit akward.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

55-7000ci should serve you well. Great choice on getting into a great frame/pack. I run exo stuff and have both an 1800 back for back to the truck everyday hunts and the larger 4800 bag for extended trips.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    55-7000ci should serve you well. Great choice on getting into a great frame/pack. I run exo stuff and have both an 1800 back for back to the truck everyday hunts and the larger 4800 bag for extended trips.
    How does the frame fit when you don’t have much weight in your pack with your day bag? The only reason I’m asking is my mystery ranch frame sits up really high and awkward until it’s loaded down.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Go big and don’t look back. The Fulcrum folds down to nothing for day hunts and can handle 10-14 days easily. At minimum you need 7500+ for any extended hunt where you plan on actually packing an animal out.

I run the Eberlestock F1 mainframe, J2DB dry bag, and the F65 little big top...total volume 7800 cubic inches..

Hope your new setup treats you well, cheers

I really like the Reckoning bag with the two small belt pockets plus the guide lid I bought early in 2017. I've gone on 11 day long trips a few times. Packed a caribou 17 km in it last fall (took 3 trips so 50 km loaded including camp). Also packed a Dall and Stone in it. Excellent, and really like the sandwiched style meat shelf. Good luck!

i run a stone glacier sky talus 6900 and im good for 10-14day with that. so anything in that 7000ci will do good

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    How does the frame fit when you don’t have much weight in your pack with your day bag? The only reason I’m asking is my mystery ranch frame sits up really high and awkward until it’s loaded down.
    It fits the same loaded or unloaded as far as I have noticed.