Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Bowhunting, 1st upgrade?

Re: New to Bowhunting, 1st upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by bcfirefly View Post
    Ya i am happy with the bow itself no question. So far i have some issues with the rest for a hunting scenario, arrow flops around and it noisy. Sight i am trying to get used to. 5 pins seems busy to me, used to my b&c reticle from hunting. Never really liked the hash mark set up on my xbow. May move to a 2 pin sliding sight but in no rush. i am lucky enough to be able to shoot daily (unless it stays -20) so hoping to keep up the 50-100 shots per week till hunting season.
    I just use a biscuit. Simple, safe and secure.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I just use a biscuit. Simple, safe and secure.
    X2 on the biscuit.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

"Through the biscuit and into the brisket" - Rut Daniels, 2021

Since you are happy with the release then in order of importance to me would be to get:

* Whisker Biscuit - Quiet, secure, nothing to break or mess up, and no noticeable difference of FPS

* Sight - especially for new bowhunters I'd go with a fixed three pin and medium sized protected fibre optics. Look to higher end product with third axis adjustment.

* Quiver - Tight Spot makes some nice ones but there are others too - quiet and room for five arrows.

* String and Cables

No matter how good you shoot at targets most important is to ONLY take shots within your 100% certain comfort zone - for me that means 25 yards on deer, 30 for elk for starters. Oh and get out to shoot as many 3-D courses as possible.

Welcome to the brother/sisterhood!! Its addicting!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I bought a rest as my first upgrade. I started with a whisker biscuit then move up to a QAD... bought a hamskea last year so I could try out a limb driven rest. My second upgrade was a stabilizer... the stock one i had only helped with vibration not weight distribution.

I also have a Drive 3B, had it for a year and a half now. Keep shooting, it’s on you to be consistent and the upgrades will be a bonus. It still might be early to decide on upgrading the multi pin sight. I would suggest a new stabilizer with more weight up front. Mine is 9” but I could maybe do 3” longer and heavier (but I can’t remember how many ounces I have). That’s all personal preference, and with a back bar too.