Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Horgan - Hunting of Wolves

Re: John Horgan - Hunting of Wolves

Unfortunately many of the wounds that tarnish the image of hunting are self-inflicted. The combative, inflammatory language some hunters use on social media is intended to challenge or provoke people who question the validity of a hunt. As a consequence, we lose opportunities to rationally and respectfully educate the non-hunting public.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I think we need to use social media for our advantage. When tourist observing grizzly bears see a boar disembowel a cub they scream for someone to kill it. Real life scenes like these with wolves doing their worst will sway the masses. We need to educate the public and the government. IMO
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Blueback2014 View Post
    [I wonder how the cappuccino sucking condo dwellers would react to photos of wolves eating animals while they are still alive. Seeing a deer trying to stand with its guts hanging out. Yes such a sweet gentle cuddly animal . toQUOTE=3than;2232465]Social media is a killer for hunters/trappers especially when the "kill em all" type attitude is being shown to people. It definitely doesn't make hunters/trappers look good.
    [/QUOTE]

Maybe we need to get more footage of stuff like this out on the social media sites... for comparison and shot of reality...

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    The wolf kill is being held up in court......by a group who had never done a thing for wildlife.

https://pacificwild.org/were-taking-...ment-to-court/

Cheers

SS
    the wolf cull is going ahead, there has been changes to the wildlife act recently to allow arial gunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueback2014 View Post
    [I wonder how the cappuccino sucking condo dwellers would react to photos of wolves eating animals while they are still alive. Seeing a deer trying to stand with its guts hanging out. Yes such a sweet gentle cuddly animal . toQUOTE=3than;2232465]Social media is a killer for hunters/trappers especially when the "kill em all" type attitude is being shown to people. It definitely doesn't make hunters/trappers look good.
    [/QUOTE]
    While I understand your passion, enthusiasm and frustration, you gotta be careful what you say to the cappuccino sucking condo dwellers. They are the main audience of our Government and the ones who's wishes will be responded to. We as hunters are in the minority, like it or not. Part of the problem we face as hunters is people among us who are not very articulate or well suited to speak on these issues. They let testosterone and anger rule their narrative, instead of a good political narrative and a reasoned response. Best to let those on are side who speak well talk for us. Doing the shock and awe campaign on the condo dwellers will just turn them off, and then you have lost their attention. They will write you off as red necks and be done with you.

Question Re: John Horgan - Hunting of Wolves

So... Horgan is once again pissing you off?
    Good.
    Bloody GOOD in fact!
    Maybe, just maybe that will be the lever to get some of you off your asses and do something about it!

In a related post on another Forum, I was pm'd and asked my opinion of the apathy among our hunting Community.
    Here's my public response:

I wrote a reply to a pm recently that was centered on these matters...
    Not going to id just whom it was from.
    Thought about it a spell, but decided I simply want this off my chest...

"While I am neither shocked nor surprised, I am more than dismayed.
    The lack of attention and focus will be our downfall.
    Apathy has always been the greatest single weapon working against us.
    Unfortunately that is now counted on explicitly by all of our enemies.
    And our side continues to munch popcorn and sit on their collective asses.
    Some of them deserve what is coming...

Ticked - Matt"

Still ticked today.
    Information was posted on multiple sites.
    Only interest it really gained was the usual dogfight on Gun Nutz.
    Perhaps all of 3 of 4 noted they were going to submit counter letters to those listed.

So, is this latest from Horgan enough catalyst for any of you to write a letter or two?
    Or are you all simply content to continue to sit on your asses munching popcorn, and complaining to The Choir?

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Unfortunately many of the wounds that tarnish the image of hunting are self-inflicted. The combative, inflammatory language some hunters use on social media is intended to challenge or provoke people who question the validity of a hunt. As a consequence, we lose opportunities to rationally and respectfully educate the non-hunting public.

Wrong.
    For decades before social media and internet people were "respectfully educating" the public about hunting. And we lost opportunities.
    Now people are using "inflammatory language". We lost opportunities.
    So we lose opportunities regardless of what we do.

It's called Stockholm syndrome. When you beat someone senseless and they believe you are doing it for their benefit.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Yeah the hunting culture war has been lost in Canada...If I made a living off the average middle class hunter I would be looking at a career change...maybe this is why BCWF focuses so much on habitat..they see the writing on the wall for hunting...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Picture this, a campaign style poster. On the left side a picture of a wolf with the caption "This is the face of a baby killer".

On the right side a picture of a wolf pack covered in blood feeding on a moose/caribou calf.

Story under photo:

"Each year scenes like this play out across BC as an unchecked Wolf population expansion decimates the populations of BC's Ungulates. The increasing Wolf populations are expanding into new areas using the vast networks of resource roads built in support of industry. As Ungulate populations fall this scene will begin to play out in your communities when Wolves, finding little food left in our forests, begin preying on other available food supplies such as family pets and children. Please support the Wolf population correction project"

(Can't say Wolf Cull people lose their shit).

BDD

Vld 43,While I understand your passion, enthusiasm and frustration, you gotta be careful what you say to the cappuccino sucking condo dwellers//%%hey i know many really good hunters living in condos,,,dont paint,them all with same brush. ,,,