Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Horgan - Hunting of Wolves

Re: John Horgan - Hunting of Wolves

The wolf kill is being held up in court......by a group who had never done a thing for wildlife.

https://pacificwild.org/were-taking-...ment-to-court/

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

What a disaster. Thanks for posting.

M.
    WSSBC Life Member, WSF, RMGA, BCWF, BADMF

Quote Originally Posted by 3than View Post
    Social media is a killer for hunters/trappers especially when the "kill em all" type attitude is being shown to people. It definitely doesn't make hunters/trappers look good.

everything about this is frustrating. The negligence and polarizing narrative of the antis as well as the ridiculous public statements by some "hunters". Some people shouldn't be allowed access to social media

Quote Originally Posted by Golddust View Post
    everything about this is frustrating. The negligence and polarizing narrative of the antis as well as the ridiculous public statements by some "hunters". Some people shouldn't be allowed access to social media
    Hopefully one day all hunters and trappers will get the concept that there consequences to your actions, some good and some bad. When it comes to social media it is usually all bad. We need to encourage one another to use discretion when posting and stay off facebook with your hunting and trapping activities. If you need to brag phone some one

Social media is nothing but a fire starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kos View Post
    Social media is nothing but a fire starter.
    That's right. Don't believe everything you read online.

Ya ban it all you want I’ll auger a hole in every one I see Horgan can pound it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I wasn't going to mention her name, even though it seems she's happy to put it out there but it is in the discussion section of this Facebook thread.

https://www.facebook.com/takayalonewolf/

She's been in the media spotlight before.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/troph...esko-1.3974716

Just read the article. She honestly doesn't sound like a great ambassador for the hunting community. Maybe I'm just use to listening to Steve Rinella who probably wouldn't use the line "The more you hate, the more I kill."

On another note, with the trophy hunting mentioned in that article, have any of you watched the film 'Trophy' on Netflix? I am not pushing an agenda by recommending the film, its just another side of what people see trophy hunting as. Although, from how it is portrayed in the film, I wouldn't consider any of it ''hunting.''

Quote Originally Posted by BiohazardHands View Post
    Just read the article. She honestly doesn't sound like a great ambassador for the hunting community. Maybe I'm just use to listening to Steve Rinella who probably wouldn't use the line "The more you hate, the more I kill."

On another note, with the trophy hunting mentioned in that article, have any of you watched the film 'Trophy' on Netflix? I am not pushing an agenda by recommending the film, its just another side of what people see trophy hunting as. Although, from how it is portrayed in the film, I wouldn't consider any of it ''hunting.''
    No she has always sounded smug and arrogant, I watched a facebook thread where she completely bashed a couple that were new to cougar hunting. Her and blacktailstalker from here dragged this couple through the mud for taking a younger male cougar. People just new to cougar hunting, learning the ropes themselves attacked by elitist hunting mentality. I felt so bad for them, they were so excited. Like anyone taking their first buck.

[I wonder how the cappuccino sucking condo dwellers would react to photos of wolves eating animals while they are still alive. Seeing a deer trying to stand with its guts hanging out. Yes such a sweet gentle cuddly animal . toQUOTE=3than;2232465]Social media is a killer for hunters/trappers especially when the "kill em all" type attitude is being shown to people. It definitely doesn't make hunters/trappers look good.[/QUOTE]