Thread: 7-20 Antlerless Elk - Last minute tips

7-20 Antlerless Elk - Last minute tips

Hey folks, I'm heading out to Powder King for 10 days of sledding and skiing with my daughter and some friends. Before we do any downhill skiing, me and my daughter are going to try and get a 7-20 cow elk to fill our tag.
    I've done a heck of a lot of calling, messaging and internet searches, and aside from knocking on doors, it looks like we're out of luck for private land.
    Our plan is to drive FSR until we see elk tracks, then put on the snowshoes or skis and follow them until we find elk. The good news is that it's pretty damn cold out there right now which will get the animals moving ... the bad news is that it's really damn cold for us too!
    Hopefully I'm probably going to stay closer to Chetwynd if possible, as it's closer to our friends at Powder King.
    Do any of you have any info on how the elk season has been out there lately and got any pointers for general places to look in 7-20 (ideally nearish Chetwynd)
    Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-20 Antlerless Elk - Last minute tips

7-20 isn't near Chetwynd.
    Do you have the youth draw for 7-20A or the draw for 7-20?

Right you are! 7-20 is just a bit further down the road.
    Draw is for all of 7-20

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

You got the perfect weather for the hunt! good luck! moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

It's about 50 minutes east of Chet to the close side of the boundary.
    Last edited by huntingfamily; 02-11-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Hmmm cold cold cold and snow perfect ! THE reason for the Elk draw in agricultural areas..
    First 15..30 minutes at dark till dawn...legal shooting time same last 30 minutes of legal shooting.
    I have had success up out of Dawson Creek..send a PM ..with phone # I will share phone number of a ranch.
    Cheers
    Steven Rupp

Just talked to my brother-in-law at Dawson and it’s damn cold, -50 with windchill. He has 3 parcels up there and hasn’t had many around lately.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Note to those people that weren't paying attention to the LEH Synopsis when they applied for their draws this year. They broke up the "7-20A" zone back into it's original management units (7-20, 7-21, 7-32, 7-33, 7-34, 7-35 and 7-46) for the purposes of LEH this year with individual draws for each unit. If your draw is for MU 7-20 you can ONLY HUNT IN MU 7-20, not 7-20A​. Hate to see anyone get pinched because they didn't read the fine print.

I live across the border not far from Kelly lake. Had 6 bulls in my field yesterday and the wife seen a dozen or so cows on the way to town this morning. Elk are in my field tonight as well. The cold weather has got them showing themselves so good luck.