Hi All,

It's been a little while since I have posted in this community. I somehow migrated over to the Facebook hunting group but have recently deleted all social media accounts for the betterment of my mental health. Missing hunting stories, photos etc. got me back into frequenting this message board again.

I have been hunting for a few years now after getting into it late as an adult hunter. Waterfowl hunting is completely new to me but I have been very excitedly waiting on the opener (today) of the late season for geese. This Feb-March season is my first go at it. Recently, I spent a few mornings getting down to the dykes early to watch the sun come up and check out the morning bird activity. After getting myself psyched up for the morning opener, this Monday I hit a bit of a wall of disappointment. An update to the delivery tracking of my new hunting shotgun alerted me that the anticipated delivery had changed from Monday to Wednesday - the day of Canada Geese opener

No matter though, I decided to head down to Boundary Bay this morning to observe. I parked my truck at the end of 64th in the empty lot and walked back along the dyke to 72. In that time I heard no shots nor saw any evidence of anyone else being in the area. There was one other vehicle parked at 72, but I don't know if it belonged to a hunter.

My question; why is that? I have heard that Boundary Bay is the better place to be for Canadas, at least in terms of lower mainland public land. Is this just not the time of year to hunt them in that area? Or is it more a factor of it being a weekday and that geese are not as well thought of as ducks?

During my scouting missions I only saw Canadas on the North (safe) side of the dyke. That hadn't dissuaded me in the least though and I still plan to spend as many morning as I can freezing my tail off. I guess I am just confused by the lack of shit show I was promised.